First gig with Crescent Seven tomorrow!

Crescent Seven

• Members

So yeah, it's Mother's Day, so nobody is coming, but it's at 2pm and they're serving BBQ. Jake, our drummer, has never been on stage before, so we're popping his cherry, which is cool.

We only have a 30 minute set together, so we won't fill the whole time slot unless we talk alot, but there won't be many people to talk to.:D Iss aight, they won't mind having an additional 15 minutes to switch bands, considering they have a 10 band bill over the course of 10 hours, which is always a disaster for the later bands. That 15 extra minutes could be the difference between starting at 11:45 and midnight for the band in the 11pm slot.:D

C7

• Members

i feel your pain bro! I'm playing a show tomorrow as well!

blah!

Granted I forgot it was mother's day too, but I called my friend who does all our booking and asked if he knew he booked a show on mother's day, he said no, and I asked if he was coming..... his answer? "no way man, I gotta spend time with my family!" **shakes head**

• Members

I played in a Mothers day's gig yesterday, it was awesome :thu: The mommies really liked our stuff, and i played the........... {censored} how is this thing called in English? we call it Tololoche here.

a_c_morales1.jpg

i hadnt played it before, but i did it well, it was pretty funny and weird.

• Members

I played in a Mothers day's gig yesterday, it was awesome
:thu:
The mommies really liked our stuff, and i played the........... {censored} how is this thing called in English? we call it Tololoche here.

a_c_morales1.jpg

i hadnt played it before, but i did it well, it was pretty funny and weird.

I believe its called either a Cello or Double Bass, depending on size :thu:

How was the gig C7?

• Members

ROCK THE HOUSE MAN!!

I played a Mother's Day gig last night, at a cool, 1940s old town theatre! Great crowd! Didn't play bass at this one, intsead did guitar and vocals. Played Mexican and New Mexican traditional music. The crows ate it up! Good sound, lights, and visuals to boot! It was recorded and videotaped for local TV!!

Keep on Rockin', Brutha!

• Members

I know you guys will kick some serious ass, Josh! I dig the tunes you put up on Myspace! They sound great! Wish I could be there for the gig, but I gotta put in some time with moms today. Good luck, brother! :thu:

• Members

The gig went off really well, and we got some great response. Lots of technical difficulties, unfortunately, but this place doesn't take good care of their equipment, so it's not a surprise. The microphones were all {censored}ed up; if I hadn't been singing backups, we would have done the last 3/4 of our best song with no vocals.:D

Jake's cherry is officially busted. He made fewer mistakes than I did, which doesn't surprise me since he's obsessive about studying his parts.

I used the full stack, 2x10+2x12. I probably didn't need it, but the PA in this place is sad, so I pretty much cranked it and carried the room. He had me mic'd but I'm not sure if he put me in the mix.:D

I'm hoping I can upload the little bit of video we got on a camera to MySpace, we'll see. Here are some pics:

YouLie.jpg

Josh1.jpg

Corey1.jpg

Jake2-1.jpg

Archived