Fair price for a used Marcus Miller?

BASSDAD

• Members

I'm thinking about putting the Marcus Miller up for sacrifice.

What's a fair asking price for a mint (no really it is) Marcus Miller bass?

Also if ya want I'm thinking of selling it with a gig bag if that makes a difference to ya.

I don't want to sell myself short but I do want it to sell.

Thanks in advance!

BD

• Members

Mint seems like a poor description for a bass with fretboard dings.
:cop:

I'd say no more than $225 including an SKB case.
:D

:cop::D:cop:

Dings?

They're love( ER.. AHH.. MOJO) dimples......plus SuperBass assured me I'm a {censored} if I let those bother me.

Hell I checked with my son. No desire to own or play it from him. He's just a J-Bass hater. I need to make a little cash and possibly pickup something that caught my eye on CL....

• Moderators

Hell I checked with my son. No desire to own or play it from him. He's just a J-Bass hater. I need to make a little cash and possibly pickup something that caught my eye on CL....

Take good pictures and then throw it up on eBay with a starting bid of whatever your minimum selling price would be.

• Members

Aliright !

Thanks for the reply.

I'll start it there.

hey wait......... you don't mean what you d=say in your sig right????

Yes, I absolutely mean what I say in my sig. The more I reply to posts, the more painfully obvious it becomes.* :facepalm::p

• Members

As an owner, yo play it and don't worry about it. As a purchaser, if you said it was mint and it came like that, I'd have you in trouble with your local authorities. I've done it before and the seller wasn't pleased. Nor was the judge that dealt with him. Seriously.

Take good pictures and then throw it up on eBay with a starting bid of whatever your minimum selling price would be.

Oh, I don't ever ship. Local and cash only.

So if the dings don't show up in a photo (you've seen 'em) should I call it near mint?

Hell I played it for 1/2 hour, bought it and didn't notice till the next day....

Maybe I'll just call it what it is "Used MM Bass for $"

p.s. anyword on a Chicago GTG?

• Members

I'd describe the condition of the bass. "Bought new in January. Came from store with small dings in fretboard as shown in the pics. The bass is otherwise in perfect condition. :blah:"

Sweet! I'm down for the GTG. Still March 21st?

Also on the bass. I actually bought it used.

I do like it but the Jag gets a lot of the playing time still.

There's a crescent moon inlaid SG for sale locally that I'm going to check out.

Sadly I'm at the one axe enter one axe leave point.....

Glad I came back and lurked before shutting down. Now I'll have to confess in the other thread....

Archived