Binkley Report: DJ Hero in the works!!!!

Funkee1

• Members

Yes friends!!! DJ's are gonna get the same treatment guitarists got from the video gaming world.

DJ Hero is coming!!!!

Bored with rock guitar music games? Nursing dreams of DJ stardom? Oui, oui, c'est vrai: Guitar Hero publisher Activision's CEO Robert Kotick spilled the beans on the company's new "DJ Hero" game in a CNBC interview this week.

WATCH GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR VIDEOS

Official details on the game are scarcer than MC Hammer fans, but considerably more sought after. That said, it's a safe bet the game will ship with a custom turntable controller and a suite of licensed tracks thanks to Activision's ties to Universal Music Group. It's also rumored to lean heavily on mash-up-style tracks, and might even feature guitar-versus-DJ face-offs using Guitar Hero controllers.

Do you have the skills to pay the bills? DJ Hero should be out sometime later this year.

• Members

I'm holding out for "Bagpipe Hero" or "Erhu Hero."

I have a real hankerin' to play the Chicago St. Patrick's day gig on Bagpipe Hero!
:thu:

I'd settle for a Guitar Hero: Funk, soul and smooth jazz edition!

They could have some George Benson and Norman Brown tracks, some Nile Rodgers/ Chic stuff, some jimmy Nolen lines from James Brown, etc.

The backgrounds could look like The Jazz Bakery. They could make the controller usable as an upright bass. They could include some songs like "Flashlight" so you can get your Bootsy on.......

• Members

I'd settle for a Guitar Hero: Funk, soul and smooth jazz edition!

They could have some George Benson and Norman Brown tracks, some Nile Rodgers/ Chic stuff, some jimmy Nolen lines from James Brown, etc.

The backgrounds could look like The Jazz Bakery. They could make the controller usable as an upright bass. They could include some songs like "Flashlight" so you can get your Bootsy on.......

Nah, that's too useful. Kids don't want to mellow! They want to get crunk and ... whatever goes with that.

• Members

There are no DJ heroes.

A "skill" that I can do isn't much of a skill a "hero" can do. "Oh wow, he really knew what song to hit on his iPod playlist right after that last song!"

Yeah, I know it's a little more involved than that....but not by much.

:lol::lol:

• Members

I'd really like to get into scratching for real. I have no idea how to go about it, tho.
:o

DJ Hero won't have anything to do with music or scratching or mixing.

You'll get points for:

how much of a douche you are (pursed lips and all)

if you wear a baseball cap sideways

have a tattoo of your own DJ name on your shoulder

prick off about how elite your brand of headphones are

a competitive round of "ironic stickers on the MacBook"

And a special bonus round of how many gang signs you can flash at a camera in one evening.

• Members

DJ Hero won't have anything to do with music or scratching or mixing.

You'll get points for:

how much of a douche you are (pursed lips and all)

if you wear a baseball cap sideways

have a tattoo of your own DJ name on your shoulder

prick off about how elite your brand of headphones are

a competitive round of "ironic stickers on the MacBook"

And a special bonus round of how many gang signs you can flash at a camera in one evening.

:D

Watch out, I can flash a LOT of gang signs. :p

street-gang-4-c.jpg

Archived