"No Pics no Bass/Gear"

blueyedmule

• Members

Nice!

What's the P bass that's hiding behind the Sheehan sig?
:)

It's my Fender '57 reissue with Dimarzio Willpower Middle pup, Dimarzio X2N-B pup, wired for "Dual Sound" for the P, no tone, just V/V, and a coil tap on the bridge pup. I've got Steve Harris sig. Rotosound flats on it right now.

DSCF2538.jpg

• Members

You have some nice stuff, and an interesting amplifier to cab ratio
:confused:

Aren't you supposed to have one amp per bass??

I've gone through a few changes, to be sure. I have the Trace Elliot and the Ashdown for sale on Craigslist right now. Not sure if I'll part with the Mackie1400i/Ampeg SVP-BSP yet. The Boogie stays for sure.

• Members

NO NO NO!!! What they mean is "No pics at MY HOUSE, no gear". Ship it on over and I'll snap a few photos for you...

:love:
Yowzers, that's a sexy pile of equipment!!!
:love:

:) Thanks! Ideally, there are a few things missing:

1) Ibanez RKB900 (cos I don't have a P/J and I think that would be a good pick)

2) Aria Pro II SB1000CB

3) a custom bass using another Dimarzio X2N-B that I've bought just for that reason.

Will any of those three happen? Not this year fo' sho'! But whenever I get gas I just start plugging stuff in and remind myself that I have no real need. Hell, just plugging the Yammy into the Boogie does that, and also free up my lower bowels. :freak:

• Members

Good taste Sir
:thu:

:D

Thanks! BOALG inspired the 12ver purchase several years ago. The Ric was my bass instructor's idea when I was in college. I think Jazz Ad convinced me to buy the Akai Deep Impact cos it was going off the market. The Gibson Thunderbird Reissue was my own mad damn idea, and I'm glad I did it though it's pretty much a one-trick sledge hammer. I think I like the Yamaha Attitude the best, but the Fender Geddy Lee Jazz is the bass that seems to sound the best plugged into any-damn-thing, really just a nice all-round good-sounding bass. I have to work a little harder to get what I want out of the Yamaha and I don't always wanna work that hard. The Spector Rebop hardly sees daylight; someday I think it will see the market. It's not awful, just didn't quite get it for me. The SUB is and will always be a keeper.

• Members

On the amp side of things I'd love to try a SansAmp RBI, compare it to a SansAmp PSA, and compare both to an old Pierce BC-1. That for me would be my ultimate bass amp shootout. :) I like the clean side of my Ampeg SVP-BSP but haven't ever found a real good setting for the dirty side.

Archived