Mother kills 3 1/2 week old baby because the devil told her to...

bassthumpintwin

• Members

http://news.aol.com/article/mom-of-decapitated-baby-i-didnt-mean-to/590322?icid=sphere_newsaol_inpage

Also a few more details here:

http://news.aol.com/article/decapitated-babys-mom-had-psychosis/592930

SAN ANTONIO -A Texas mother accused of decapitating her 3 1/2-week-old son screamed "I didn't mean to do it. He told me to" while her sister pleaded for an ambulance to bring help in a desperate four-minute 911 call released Wednesday.

Otty Sanchez, who police say told them the devil made her kill and mutilate her only child, screams "I love him" and says she's stabbed herself in the heart and stomach while her sister tries calming down the 33-year-old mother.

Sanchez is charged with capital murder in the slaying of Scott Wesley Buchholz-Sanchez, who authorities found decapitated and grossly mutilated in a bedroom of her sister's house early Sunday. Police say Sanchez chewed off three of her infant's toes and ate parts of the brain.

Garcia tells the dispatcher that her sister has stabbed her child and that blood is all over the bed.

"She's gone crazy last night. She was hearing voices," Garcia said. "She kept bringing me the baby. Finally she calmed down and I took her back the baby. And now I just woke up to hear screaming.

"The baby is dead. The baby's dead. Please, somebody come."

Sanchez is being held on $1 million bond. It was not immediately clear Wednesday whether she had an attorney.

Scott W. Buchholz, the infant's father, said Sanchez suffered from postpartum depression and that she told him she was schizophrenic a week before the slaying. Buchholz, who said he is also schizophrenic, said he wants her to receive the death penalty.

A family member has said Sanchez had been undergoing psychiatric treatment and that a hospital called looking for her several months ago. Gloria Sanchez, the mother's aunt, said her niece had been "in and out of a psychiatric ward."

There are so many things wrong with this story it's not even funny. Stuff like this makes me sick. The worst part about all of this is that it appears many more steps could have been taken to prevent this.

The thing that really boggles my mind is this: Why would you kill your baby because somebody TOLD you to? I mean, it shouldn't matter if it's Satan, a real person, or the freakin easter bunny. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

This is a sick world we live in. :mad:

And the who eating thing really blows my mind. I don't even know what to say about this.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, what makes you wonder is why the woman hearing the murderous and homicidal whispers of Satan didn't just act rationally?
:confused:

Yes. I probably wouldn't wonder as much if the story was that she was "possessed" or "controlled" by Satan.

But she merely stated that she was "told" to by Satan.

If I heard a voice that identified himself as Satan telling me to do anything, (much less kill my child), I would hope that I would emphatically decline.

But I'm not a crazy psychopath, so I guess I can't say that I know what I would do.

I see your point, but then again, I don't see the woman's point.

I mean, it's also somewhat perplexing, because it appears that she took the baby to her sisters, as if she was afraid she would hurt it.

Who knows.

I just know that if my sibling was babbling on about being crazy/hearing voices/etc... and they had just had a baby, I would NOT give the baby back before my sibling had a psychiatric evaluation. Espeicially if they had already been in and out of hospitals.

• Members

Yes I read about that yesterday, pretty F'ed up, I think everyone would agree... The only response I had when my friend told me the story:

"... duuuuude... that's the most metal thing I've ever heard!"

pickles12.jpg

• Members

I mean, it's also somewhat perplexing, because it appears that she took the baby to her sisters, as if she was afraid she would hurt it.

Who knows.

I just know that if my sibling was babbling on about being crazy/hearing voices/etc... and they had just had a baby, I would NOT give the baby back before my sibling had a psychiatric evaluation. Espeicially if they had already been in and out of hospitals.

This :(

• Members

It is sad. The lady better not get off on an insanity defense.

That would suck. Post partum depression is a real thing, but doesn't give you free rein to hurt your child and shouldn't give you an insanity plea if you do.

• Members
The thing that really boggles my mind is this: Why would you kill your baby because somebody TOLD you to? I mean, it shouldn't matter if it's Satan, a real person, or the freakin easter bunny. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

This is a sick world we live in.
:mad:

It's not like it started yesterday. Remember that Abraham guy?

• Moderators

Mental illness is a hell of a thing. We can sit around and ask ourselves why this happened and try to put some logical meaning to it...but there is none.

I worry about this type of thing happening to my son fairly regularly. Mental illness if a hell of a thing.

• Members

Why would someone do something cause the devil told them to do so? Surely if it were the devil, one would be inclined NOT to obey him. She should change her story and say that God told her to do it; it would be more plausible.

Archived