Tele basses

Sean-Patrick

• Members

I THOUGHT that might be a Warmoth.

Very cool; I was wondering about the strings too.

Nice wood! I'll bet with that SC it sounds pretty sweet & "organic".

Good job.

Yes that Duncan sc is excellent , lots of overtones and classic sc vibes. The body is a Warmoth carved dinky P in Black Korina , the strings are / were coated DR's , big Warmoth fan here ! ;)

• Members

Hey Lawrie,

never thought I'd see you here! Still really like what you did with that bass.

Been a member here for quite long time James but just lurk for the most part. We're finally back to band rehearsals tomorrow night after a summer break so it will be the first time I really get to play the bass for an extended period of time. I'm happy with the reshaped headstock.

Glad you like it, thanks.

• Members

where can i find one of those?
:love:

The bass... Pretty standard '51 RI... All stock...

The '71 V4 Head was a craigslist find... Got it in '05, when I was on a kick of recapturing my youth, (used to have a mid '70s one that I sold for peanuts years ago)... The guy had two, and this one was far nicer cosmetically, (up close, it's probaby VG+), and only $50 more...

The mid '70s MM cab... I see them from time to time, very reasonably priced. Cosmetically beat to snot, but nothing that affects the tone! Hidden gem, amazingly efficient for a '70s design... Yeah, I'll keep it :D

Thanks for the compliments... This is definitely the 'go-to' configuration in my roots-rock group...

-robert

Archived