And then there were 23

MTMTEX

• Members

On the flip side of Solderjunkies thread I am up to 23 basses, and probably another 10 guitars. I don't play guitar. I can't get rid of anything, and constantly scour CL for the next great deal. To be honest its starting to drive me crazy. But as soon as I start to think I would like to start thinning the herd I rationalize all kinds of reasons (non really valid) why I shouldn't. I need therapy.

• Members

I have 8 basses and 1 electric guitar currently, and haven't had a paying gig in probably three years. :(

My basses seem to fit into two categories which keep me from selling them:

not worth the effort

would be too painful if they sold for too little

I know I could get it down to maybe three (4,5 and fretless), but if I don't need the money, they stay.

• Members

Well, I'm rebuilding the guitar rack in my office to make room for more, so I wish I could say I feel your pain, but that will only happen if I cut my finger off with a circular saw.

I was thinking about you this morning. While looking for my next smoking deal on CL there is a guy down here selling a Warrior 6 string. I am currently reviewing my finances in a sad attemp to acquire number 24. :facepalm:

• Members

Congrats. The most I ever had in the collection at any single given point of time was 17.

What is sad is I really want to get rid of some to get the last few missing pieces of live sound equipment I need. I absolutely freak out at the thought of getting rid of anything I have.

• Members

When I get ready to sell a bass, I always "think" I'm going to really miss it, but I don't after it's gone.

There are only two basses I wish I hadn't sold: a G&L L-2500 that was beautiful, and red Stingray 4 that weighed a little less than 9 pounds.

• Members

I was thinking about you this morning. While looking for my next smoking deal on CL there is a guy down here selling a Warrior 6 string. I am currently reviewing my finances in a sad attemp to acquire number 24.
:facepalm:

I seem to recall you're not a fan of 6ers? Stick it out for a 4-banger.

• Members

List?

The fours;

Alembic Distillate

Peavey T-40

Guild Pilot

Fender Squier Bullet (sq)

Fender Musicmaster (1978)

Ibanez SNGR

Steinberger XM-2

Czech upright

70's Japanese Jazz copy

Peavey Axcelerator fretless (2tec)

The fives;

Fender Jazz

Guild Pilot

Tobias Growler

Peavey TL-5

Peavey TL-5

Spector NS5CR

Michael Kelly Dragonfly

The sixes;

Modulus Q6

Peavey Axcelerator

Carvin LB76

Peavey TL-6 (1st generation)

Peavey TL-6

Peavey TL-6

• Members

I also search for deals with intend of flipping......got rid of a bunch of stuff recently......but....

I've got:

9 electric guitars

9 guitar amps

4 guitar cabs

1 bass amp

1 bass cab

5 basses

Yeah I didn't list those. I have 7 guitars....I don't play guitar...

• Members

I only have 5 basses.

I feel inadequate.
:(

That's some collection though!

I really want to get rid of some. Other then a little noodling I don't even play the 4 bangers, and only gig with the sixers. I simply can not make myself get rid of anything. Its wearing me out....:cry:

• Members

I really want to get rid of some. Other then a little noodling I don't even play the 4 bangers, and only gig with the sixers. I simply can not make myself get rid of anything. Its wearing me out....
:cry:

Feel free to send me the Musicmaster or the Jazz copy or the Axcelerator.

That way I get to add a little to my collection and you get to slim yours down.

Everyone's a winner! :thu:

• Members

Feel free to send me the Musicmaster or the Jazz copy or the Axcelerator.

That way I get to add a little to my collection and you get to slim yours down.

Everyone's a winner!
:thu:

Hey good idea! You don't mind if I go ahead and pay shipping also do you? :lol:

• Members

On the flip side of Solderjunkies thread I am up to 23 basses, and probably another 10 guitars. I don't play guitar. I can't get rid of anything, and constantly scour CL for the next great deal. To be honest its starting to drive me crazy. But as soon as I start to think I would like to start thinning the herd I rationalize all kinds of reasons (non really valid) why I shouldn't. I need therapy.

+1

LOL

Archived