Jazz Bass Pick ups

lownotes182

• Members

Hey guys, new to the forum and need some advice. I have a Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass that is absolutely beautiful. The only problem I have with it are the stock pickups and preamp. I would like some suggestions on new pickups(active) and preamps and preferably without modifying the pickguard.

I already addressed the bridge and replaced it with a Leo Quan BA 5. Thanks in advance for your comments.

• Members

My Spector has EMGs. I like the power that they have. For my Jazz, I really like a more "refined" sound. A lot of punch without the boom. I am just not getting that out of the stock Samarium Cobalt Pickups and preamp it came with. Thanks for the help guys. I was already heading in the direction of Barts.

• Members

If I dropped a pari of EMG J set with an EMG preamp how would my tone differ from the passive pickups already on my jazz bass?? I'm also looking to improve my jazz tone. I want my bass to be clear and hella punchy. What is the major difference from when you hear a passive jazz pickups vs active jazz pickups?

Archived