Is USPS tracking useless?

Mr.Mow

• Members

Never had a seller use USPS before, tracking says "International Dispatch, October 01, 2009, 10:59 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)"

Hasn't moved since...

So, is the USPS system commonly useless or is it as Auspost are trying to tell me 'oh it hasn't left the US yet, It won't leave until the 5th (ie tomorrow your time).. or is it pretty normal for USPS to sit on parcels for days.

It had a guaranteed delivery date of 'close of business 5th Oct'.. ie right NOW!

• Members

It is useless and you probably won't see it updated until after it's in your hands for a while.

Wrong !!...... at least in my case. :)

I am expecting delivery today of a bass from the USA. First mine said "Accepted" and gave the name and address of the post office where it was sent from. Next it said what yours is now saying. Then it said "Into foreign customs", then "Out of foreign Customs". Now it's saying "Out for delivery" :thu: To reach this stage took approx two weeks.

Admittedly there is a time gap of a few days (depending on back logs possibly) between each stage. My guess is that your item is awaiting it's next stage.

Maybe I'm one of the luckey few, but I'm impressed with the tracking so far.

• Members

2 weeks?! Apparently Australia is part of the guaranteed delivery date network, meaning that is should have been delivered by the close of business on the 5th of oct or I'm entitled to full postage refund..

It does disturb me slightly it's still saying it's in transit, it's been 4 days!

• Members

Yes, it is the worst version of 'tracking' that I have ever seen. Even Fedex (Blech) has better tracking.

Used to do a lot of order/shipment tracking when I was on the phones helping customers, and I hated any shipping issues with Fedex or USPS. UPS even has smiling people who answer the phones and help you look into your package. (fedex used to be no help at all, none. We now only use them if customers specifically request it...)

• Members

2 weeks?! Apparently Australia is part of the guaranteed delivery date network, meaning that is should have been delivered by the close of business on the 5th of oct or I'm entitled to full postage refund..

It does disturb me slightly it's still saying it's in transit, it's been 4 days!

I opted for the cheaper method, so it might not take that long. I would not be too worried at present. Delays can happen, considering it has to go half way around the world. I'd say give it a little more time. You cant expect these things to be stopwatch punctual. I'm sure all will be well with a little patience. :)

• Members

All the USPS-stuff I've received has been trackable with Norwegian Mail as soon as it arrives here in Norway. That might work down in Oz as well?

Just rang auspost.. Yup they agree.. If it were here they would know about it, it's not logged or registered on their system.. And if it had left the US last week it would have hit aus 24 hours later..

Sigh.. Auspost are pretty bloody good most of the time.. Here's hoping.

Archived