GAS MONSTER!! Fulltone BassDrive?

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

I really loved mine. Very versatile and well built. Expensive but worth every penny.

I ended with a Jacques Tubeblower, which fits my needs better especially for the EQ . Try one too if you're looking for an overgrown TubeScreamer.

• Members

I am looking for one of those. I like my TS9, but I need more gain.

I got an Analogman TS9DX, which has 4 different TS modes/sounds. You might wanna check out his clips and see if that will work. I really liked that thing. It was my last pedal to sell, even though I wasn't really using it, was hard to let go!

• Members

I got an Analogman TS9DX, which has 4 different TS modes/sounds. You might wanna check out his clips and see if that will work. I really liked that thing. It was my last pedal to sell, even though I wasn't really using it, was hard to let go!

I wonder how different that is from stock?

I'm also looking at the Catalinbread SFT....:love:

$100 more new then a used TS9DX...:idk:

• Members

I will be using it in a clean blending system.....since I can't seem to stand any pedals with my bass plugged directly in.
:idk:

Hmm, I have something similar for a setup. I got a Paralooper, which I split off the highs to the OD (variable freq hi-pass filter), and blend in the straight cleans. I also have a BassDrive. To my ears, the paralooper setup with a stock DS-1 for the OD, blended back with cleans, sounds totally superior to a bass>Bassdrive>amp setup. I look for a nice, crunchy drive, not buzzy bottomless fuzz, and the BassDrive just never seems to be 'it'. If pressed, I'd just plug into the DS-1 and set the levels accordingly, and get a better type of breakup than the FullTone. IMO, of course.

• Members

Like this one?

http://moosapotamus.net/THINGS/paraloop.htm

Ah!

So you're leaving the lows clean!
:idea:

That's the one, very cool pedal. I run the 'low' side of it 100% unaltered, and only cut off the lows to the OD in the 'high' side of the loop. That helps keep the buzzy noise away, and get better crunch. My goal for this pedal is a 'bi-amp in a box', only use an OD blended into my pure bass signal instead of dual amps. You can mix and blend away with it, the options are endless.

Archived