Mass Senate Race

ThudMaker

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Should Brown win, I'll violate my TV rule and watch the MSM meltdown this evening. Change one can enjoy.

IF he wins and CONgress forces any more bills, acts, nonsense that folks do not want(i.e. TARP, bailouts) then possibly folks FED-up-meters will get pegged out.

• Members

I'd like to see the dem super-majority thwarted but that's all I'll hope for. This Brown guy posed in the buff for Cosmo back a couple of decades ago. He looks like another empty, made for Fox news Republican. Another pretty face. I miss real Republicans/conservatives.

I'll keep an open mind but no real hopes beyond reining in the insane left.

No one has any thoughts on the ramifications of this single Senate seat election? Chunky-B is right. This place has gone really down hill.

• Members

I miss real Republicans/conservatives.

In times past, Rep = Conservative. Not anymore. I personally know many Conservative Dems, Conservative Indys (:wave:), as well as some Conservative Reps. But the two are not synonymous anymore.

The extreme right frightens me as much as the extreme left.

• Members

In times past, Rep = Conservative. Not anymore. I personally know many Conservative Dems, Conservative Indys (
:wave:
), as well as some Conservative Reps. But the two are not synonymous anymore.

The extreme right frightens me as much as the extreme left.

Catholics tend to be conservative Democrats. I'm sure there were a lot of them voting today.

Massachusetts has been for so long dominated by Dems, that I think maybe they are burned out a bit by tax/government/spend.

Also, Coakley is really lacking in charisma, something Brown has. I think the Dems thought they could trot anybody out there and win.

• Moderators

Brown ran a very simple campaign. Also, it couldn't have helped to have all the stupid backroom deals with health care going on. I'm not sure I would say it was her lacking something as much as it may have been circumstances beyond her control.

Archived