OT: I always forget how much food you have to eat while "dieting"...

RSBro

• Members

... good lord. You could roll me out the door right now!

Today I've had:

2 eggs

1 cup of coffee

1 orange

large salad

68 oz of water + powder supplements

To go:

1 orange

large protein + raw veggies @ dinner (was supposed to have protein at lunch but forgot)

12+ oz of water

And it's only going to increase starting Wednesday. I gotta start prepping this stuff the night before. I don't have time in the AM to get all this junk together!

• Members

I'd be scared to see what happens to my body if I ingested that much food on an ongoing basis for 18 weeks.

Well I know that style works b/c I've done it before, and I also know what happens when you don't eat during the day and just have coffee and diet drinks and eat one huge meal between 6-7PM. :facepalm: I'll take the former.

And hey it's 100% guaranteed as long as I stick w/ the program. Apparently you have to go and weigh in every 2-3 days, too so they can keep you honest. My consultant lady said because of the supplements they have you on and the diet, they can tell you aren't being strict to the program if you gain 1+lbs a week. Cheaper than that gd Nutrisystem nonsense, also...

• Members

My wife and I just started watching our calories and cut down on "white" pastas and starchy foods, and all but stopped drinking soda, about two weeks ago and we're seeing promising results whilst exercising a couple times a week. I'm eating a lot less food as I'm on a 1800 or so calorie diet. Basically I can eat whatever I want but in moderation.

• Members

My wife and I just started watching our calories and cut down on "white" pastas and starchy foods, and all but stopped drinking soda, about two weeks ago and we're seeing promising results whilst exercising a couple times a week. I'm eating a lot less food as I'm on a 1800 or so calorie diet. Basically I can eat whatever I want but in moderation.

They also warned against "being a guy" in the gym, and trying to bulk up while you're losing, so you're not just transferring fat into your muscles and not actually getting rid of it. By the time I'm down to 215 I'll still have plenty of body mass to get as big or build enough muscle as I want.

They basically said go heavy on cardio (which I figured) and just enough to keep your muscles in shape on everything else. Sigh.

• Members

I just picked up a contract cleaning a gym, and this poster was on the wall. I'm getting a free membership to the gym as part of the contract, so I'm using some of the information to help put together an excercise and nutrition program for myself. The thing that you have to realize is that you can't "diet" and expect to see results. You have to change your overall eating habits and stick to them, otherwise eventually you will be back to where you started. Not only that, but don't stick to keeping track of your weight as a progress monitor. I'd take abdominal, chest, neck, and thigh measurements weekly/biweekly as well. Just because your weight doesn't reduce one week doesn't mean you didn't make progress.

Once the membership goes through I plan to record and blog my progress and information, anyone who's interested to see if/how it works will be able to find a link in my sig. I'm determined that your average joe can safely and effectively go from a lethargic 255lb man, to a lean fit 180/185lb man in a reasonable amount of time. By the way, i'm 6' even, so 180 won't be an unhealthy weight.

• Members

... good lord. You could roll me out the door right now!

Today I've had:

2 eggs

1 cup of coffee

1 orange

large salad

68 oz of water + powder supplements

To go:

1 orange

large protein + raw veggies @ dinner (was supposed to have protein at lunch but forgot)

12+ oz of water

And it's only going to increase starting Wednesday. I gotta start prepping this stuff the night before. I don't have time in the AM to get all this junk together!

Suck it up, Wussy! :mad:

:lol:

Actually, sounds like a toning program, not a weight loss program ;)

• Members

Man, the over-complication of stuff that is out there is amazing. Do you want to lose weight? Cut your calorie intake so that you take in less than your burn off in. Eat pasta, eat pizza... eat ice cream for all I care, just eat less in calories than you burn off in a day.

Want to improve your health on TOP of losing weight? Eat good foods for your calories.

Want to KEEP that weight off? Build lean muscle. People who tell you that you should do lots of cardio in order to lose weight are really setting you up for failure. You'd be better off doing full body conditioning exercises for 20 minutes a day than you would running for an hour. You build lean muscle and that will help keep the weight off. You run a lot and the moment you stop you start putting it back on.

There are, of course, other things you can do to help with weight loss such as cutting down on the amount of time between meals... but the reality is that if I ate one 1500 calorie meal before I went to bed every night, I'd still lose weight.

• Members

Man, the over-complication of stuff that is out there is amazing. Do you want to lose weight? Cut your calorie intake so that you take in less than your burn off in. Eat pasta, eat pizza... eat ice cream for all I care, just eat less in calories than you burn off in a day.

Want to improve your health on TOP of losing weight? Eat good foods for your calories.

Want to KEEP that weight off? Build lean muscle. People who tell you that you should do lots of cardio in order to lose weight are really setting you up for failure. You'd be better off doing full body conditioning exercises for 20 minutes a day than you would running for an hour. You build lean muscle and that will help keep the weight off. You run a lot and the moment you stop you start putting it back on.

There are, of course, other things you can do to help with weight loss such as cutting down on the amount of time between meals... but the reality is that if I ate one 1500 calorie meal before I went to bed every night, I'd still lose weight.

Preach brother:thu:

I keep tellin' em' they don't listen:mad:

• Members

I lost 30 lbs by not eating after 5pm. I wasn't even trying to lose weight, I just wanted to sleep better, and I heard not eating within a few hours before bedtime helped.

Did it help at all? Sleep deprivation is another problem I am trying to deal with.

Archived