Self-Powered Headphones?

Loud_is_better

• Members

Is there any such animal for practice? I want to practice while my wife is asleep but I want to find a set of phones that will plug directly in to the bass 1/4" and I can hear --- who else --- ME!!!

Will it make a difference if the bass is active or passive? Got both.

She has complained about running the B450 and the B410 and the B115 at night even at very low volume.

I keep telling here that sleep is so-o-o overrated! :bor:

• Members
Is there any such animal for practice? I want to practice while my wife is asleep but I want to find a set of phones that will plug directly in to the bass 1/4" and I can hear --- who else ---
ME!!!

She has complained about running the B450 and the B410 and the B115 at night even at very low volume.

I keep telling here that sleep is
so-o-o
overrated!
:bor:

http://www.pocketrockit.com/Page.php?id=0022 This thing ought to do!

• Members

Well - I went to GC and got the wrong AmPlug by Vox.

I had the right one in my hand and stopped to see what else I could buy for the $500.00 I had burning holes in my pocket and then I grabbed the wrong one. I got the AC30, instead of the one for Bass.

Now I don't really need it - but I may keep it anyway since I've also got a few guitars and could use it - but then again, there's the wife to contend with.

Ah well -there's a 30-day return policy and I'll get the right one if I decide to take this back.

But hey - I also got a couple of harmonicas too. Let's try to really destroy the gray matter in my brains by trying to learn that too! :evil:

• Members

I had the right one in my hand and stopped to see what else I could buy for the $500.00 I had burning holes in my pocket and then I grabbed the wrong one. I got the
AC30
, instead of the one for Bass.

Now I don't really need it - but I may keep it anyway since I've also got a few guitars and could use it - but then again, there's the wife to contend with.

Ah well -there's a 30-day return policy and I'll get the right one if I decide to take this back.

But hey - I also got a couple of harmonicas too. Let's try to really destroy the gray matter in my brains by trying to learn that too!
:evil:

I have the AC30 one too, but I originally bought it for guitar. I tried it out a few times on bass and quite liked it. :)

It sounds great on guitar! :cool:

• Members

I have the AC30 one too, but I originally bought it for guitar. I tried it out a few times on bass and quite liked it.

It sounds great on guitar!

I don't care for the distortion (ie modeled like a full sized VOX AC30 amp) on a bass though. It just ain't penguin.

• Members

It'll probably be expensive but I have a tiny Behringer mixer. I want to add a cheapo guitar wireless and some wireless headphones to it so I can plug my ipod into it, mix my wireless bass sound with it, and send it wirelessly to the headphones.

• Members

It'll probably be expensive but I have a tiny Behringer mixer. I want to add a cheapo guitar wireless and some wireless headphones to it so I can plug my ipod into it, mix my wireless bass sound with it, and send it wirelessly to the headphones.

Much cheaper to get what I mentioned above...

tascam-mp-bt1-bass-trainer.jpg

I load my MP3's on it, adjust an awesome array of effects and mix with my bass. It will even cancel out the low frequencies from the P3's so you here yourself play along. Just add wireless headphones... :thu:

• Members

Is there any such animal for practice? I want to practice while my wife is asleep but I want to find a set of phones that will plug directly in to the bass 1/4" and I can hear --- who else ---
ME!!!

I keep telling here that sleep is
so-o-o
overrated!
:bor:

I bought on of these and I love it. Nothing fancy and it would be nice if it came with a tuner but exactly what you're looking for IMO.

Pocket Rockit. :cool:

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/C-Tech-Pocket-RockIt-V1b-Bass-Headphone-Amp?sku=151080

• Members

I tried that.

My small practice amps (Fender, Peavey, Crate) are all monaural. The headphones are stereo.

One nice part about the VOX units is that they send the mono signal to both sides of the headphones.

I don't care for the distortion (ie modeled like a full sized VOX AC30 amp) on a bass though. It just ain't penguin.

Turn the gain down and the volume up. ;)

Other than that the MPBT1 mentioned several times in this thread is awesome. I've had one for a few years and love it. :)

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1768802

Check out that thread with my review of it. :thu:

Archived