Mark Hoppus bass...Opinions?

epi56ebony

• Members

Thats mean. You obviously havent heard cheshire cat.....

I like it.

Nothing he plays on that entire record is anything that can't be played by a pre teen that has been playing for about a month.

I'm not the type to dislike something or judge it simply because it doesn't take a lot of talent, but I'm certainly not going to talk up Mark Hoppus' bass playing in the same way you just attempted to. The guy is a hack of a musician. He plays poorly and sings off key, even on their recordings. Blink 182 got lucky by being a crappy likable band at the perfect time when the teenage culture needed a new trend. Nothing more.

To the OP, it's just a P bass, with a marked up price. Modern Squire P basses are likely better quality.

• Members

I played a used one in a local shop recently while checking out a practice amp. Not sure how old it is, but it was either surf green or maybe Daphne blue. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell them apart.

It was fully setup and it played great. But they were asking $500 for it with a HSC. Seemed kinda high, but not crazy high. I don't even know who he is so I don't care one way or the other about him as a player, but that particular bass was nicer than any of the Squiers below the Classic Vibe that I've played lately.

:idk:

• Members

There were 2 shell pink Hoppus basses on the GC used site. I bought one and the other was sold days after I bought mine. Nice bass, super straight neck. My friend who's a bassist played it and gave it thumbs up. Fender Shell Pink rules!

GC used site occasionally has some great stuff.

Both Hoppus basses were 399.99.

I bought my Masterbuilt 1954 50th anniversary strat used at GC for 2300.

Archived