Just bought 1975 PBass

degroove

• Members

It is a bad ass bridge. It is missing the original neck plate too. Other than that, it is original. Per their ebay listing.

I mean it looks like it's mounted further back than normal. There should be a little space between the end and bottom of the bass, like this...

3214541983_2eb8ef5741.jpg

might jst be the angle of the shot, though.

• Members

I mean it looks like it's mounted further back than normal. There should be a little space between the end and bottom of the bass, like this...

3214541983_2eb8ef5741.jpg

might jst be the angle of the shot, though.

I see what you mean.

And the saddles look extended towards the headstock nearly off the plate.

fenderpbass8083

• Members

I have 72 hours after delivery to return the item. If I am not satisfied, I will return it. I am hoping that I am happy with it.

I'm 99% sure that the badass has enough play in the saddles to make up the diff. Here's where mine are set on a 100 guage string set....

3ofm5pg6f5.jpg

As you can see, there is plenty of adjustment room forward left.

• Members

I made a wise move. I cancelled the bass and found a new P on Elderly.com. I ordered a 76 P in Excellent condition. Only change was the bridge was replaced.

Link to Elderly:

http://elderly.com/vintage/items/55U-4493.htm

I am feeling much more comfortable about spending my money now. I got expedited shipping so it should be here early next week. It looks like it has minimal wear for its age. So now its my Bday plus one bass.

• Members

I made a wise move. I cancelled the bass and found a new P on Elderly.com. I ordered a 76 P in Excellent condition. Only change was the bridge was replaced.

Link to Elderly:

I am feeling much more comfortable about spending my money now. I got expedited shipping so it should be here early next week. It looks like it has minimal wear for its age. So now its my Bday plus one bass.

Good call, especially with going through Elderly Instruments to get it. Those guys are uber-picky when it comes to vintage instruments of ANY kind, so you're in very good hands now.

• Members

Good call, especially with going through Elderly Instruments to get it. Those guys are uber-picky when it comes to vintage instruments of ANY kind, so you're in very good hands now.

Agreed.

I don't think it's a good site to find steals on. But for vintage gear, I'd take their rep that I'm getting what I think I'm getting, and at a (usually) fair price.

Archived