Peavey Cirrus 5 BXP - yay or nay?

Iotanka tatanka

• Members

Just lately, with a number of very important gigs on the horizon I have started to realise that my policy of only owning one bass is a little "dangerous" - I am totally happy with my Lakland Darry Jones in every way but now feel I need to buy a cheap "beater" bass to basically live at my guitarists house for rehearsals, travel to gigs to cover for any "what if's??" etc

I have noticed a Peavey Cirrus bxp 5 string for sale at a really good price & am now trying to decide whether or not to go for it. This would offer me a complete contrast from my Lakland...5 string, neck thru, exotic wood, active pre - and all at a price that is almost a give away. Build quality looks to be very very good and my previous experience of Peavey basses has been totally positive (i.e. very underated basses at great prices)

Can anyone who has any experience of this model advise me to Pro's/Cons etc?

• Members

Play it and see if you like its tonz. I have a couple of "cheapies" that I use for practice, one of which is a 75.00 epiphone. It has awesome tonz. Its an individuality thing, what it says to you. Peavey Basses? Pretty good stuff fit and finish wise. I am presently on the watch out locally for a G-5 myself.

Archived