NBD... For REAL!

Dark Slide

• Members

So this is really the first time I have purchased a bass that wasn't a real entry level bass. I've been playing an Musicman OLP 5 String forever, and the last bass I bought was a Rogue 5 string. I've never been much of a gear head and thus never really cared much. Today I went to a local music place to talk with the owner, who I have known for quite a few years, before Judo class. Times have been tough with the economy the way it is and he's gone from stocking a ton of nice gear, to stocking a bunch of low-end gear that will move. But every time I h ave gone in there for the past year or so, this bass has been hanging there and he's just been unable to move it. And today I decided to buy it on an impulse.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]333299[/ATTACH]

Definitely a step up from what I am used to playing. $500 with a HSC, which made me happy and helped a local shop out during tough times. Win/Win.

• Members

Great deal on a great bass! I remember from way back in the day that you never were really that into gear. I'd be curious to hear how big a difference you perceive in the G&L vs. the other basses you've had, soundwise and otherwise.

• Members

I'm pretty sure all tributes come with the tribute neck, which is 9" and not a normal option in the US models. I'm not aware of neck size being a selectable feature of the non-US line. I could be wrong, though.

edit --- clarification

• Members

I'm pretty sure all tributes come with the tribute neck, which is 9" and not a normal option in the US models. I'm not aware of neck size being a selectable feature of the non-US line. I could be wrong, though.

edit --- clarification

you're right. You can only select your neck on Custom Order USA Models. I love my Number 8'S! ;)

Archived