Flat wound strings for six string short scale?

Str0ud

• Members

Hey guys been a while! Hoping you can give me some advice. I just recieved my new http://www.rondomusic.com/hxb406natbshort.html Brice 6 string short scale on thursday, LOVE it! Anyway I need some S.S. flatwounds for it. The LaBellas that I have on my other basses will not work. Haven't found any 6 string short scale sets online, but was hoping maybe you all would have some leads for me. Cant seem to find round wounds either. Somebody has to make something that will fit. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Members

I have two short scale basses (Gretsch duo-junior something and a Fender Mustang). I have short-scale Thomastic Jazz flats on both of them. They're pricey but they sound great IMO and seem to last a long time. I've had them on those basses for about two years with no/little noticeable loss of tone IMO.

• Members

I have two short scale basses (Gretsch duo-junior something and a Fender Mustang). I have short-scale Thomastic Jazz flats on both of them. They're pricey but they sound great IMO and seem to last a long time. I've had them on those basses for about two years with no/little noticeable loss of tone IMO.

+1 for the TI's.

Archived