Hartke LH500 vs. Carvin BX500

NHLfan2010

• Members

Hey guys, I am in the market for a new amp (my Hartke 3500 crapped out on me). I think I have it narrowed down pretty good, I am looking at the Hartke LH500 and the Carvin BX500. I was wondering who out there has used each, or better yet both. What are the differences between the two/etc. I play a lot of worship music and in general I like my tone warm and fat but still smooth and clean. My philosophy is that I will add dirt/fuzz/woolyness later if I want any. What would you all say? And anything else you would recommend in the price range and maybe a little above? Any feedback is helpful. Thanks!

• Members

I think looking in that particular price range, I would go with this before either of those......

I've been waiting for those to come out since I saw the first ad back a few months ago. I work across the parking lot from a GC but nothing yet. Bought an Ampeg PF-350 for rehearsals and it's working fine.

NHLFan, if you can't wait go over to talkbass and you'll find a TON of reviews on the Carvin, Hartke and Ampeg PF amps. I've seen ads for the Ampeg PF-500 as low as 330 bucks brand new.

• Members
I've been waiting for those to come out since I saw the first ad back a few months ago. I work across the parking lot from a GC but nothing yet. Bought an Ampeg PF-350 for rehearsals and it's working fine.

NHLFan, if you can't wait go over to talkbass and you'll find a TON of reviews on the Carvin, Hartke and Ampeg PF amps. I've seen ads for the Ampeg PF-500 as low as 330 bucks brand new.

I bought an PF- 350 awhile back nice light weight simple amp.

Archived