Got a fill in gig!

chunky-b

• Members

Didn't know my friend putting our "supergroup" together also picked up the drummer and rhythm guitard from my existing project. My friend is a great drummer but he wants to play lead. So here I am thinking I'm getting to play with a good drummer for once, walk in the door and it's the same old guy that I play with each week. Nice guy, but NO RHYTHM or musical knowledge. ARGH... Oh well, I was there. he did find a singer that is phenomenal! Rather high, but really amazing voice. I was kind of hoping to get a side project started if this went well, but my blood pressure boils most every time I play with this drummer. he is a nice guy in person, would do anything in the world for anyone, except practice drums or listen to any of the songs before coming to rehearsals. Other than that, we eventually got 4 songs pretty smooth for the gig tonight... Bunch of highschool kids won't know the difference anyway! :)

• Members

Actually got paid $50 for playing 4 songs. My first paying gig... :wave::thu: Woohooo!!!

Drummer knocked over one of the plexiglass panels around the kit, mid song. Keyboard player held on to it with left hand, played with right hand, and sang backup vocals until end of song and set it off the back of the stage! :lol: It was just one comedy of errors after another, but a load of fun!! Probably 200 high school kids there!

Archived