upgrading my jackson performer

music321

• Members

i have a jackson performer that I hope to get working. first, the neck has a concave bow to it. I hope a truss rod tweek will fix this. secondly, there is a grounding/shielding issue. This is self-explanatory in terms of fixing.

But now...

Keep in mind that I'm hardly a bass player. It has a cheap looking bridge. what would I get out of going with a $100 badass bridge, or something else expensive?

i've heard that the pickups on these suck. I wouldn't know, really. I don't play bass. Do these pickups suck? what would you recommend as a replacement?

strings- I use dimarzio's on a guitar. there are a thousand choices here, it seems. any recommendations? I like a raw sound.

The rest I'll keep as is. If i wanted any more changes, I'd buy a new bass.

Thanks.

• Members

bowed neck?..if not too bad that can be fixed...OEM pickups that suck? I have about 20 Jackson units with OEM pickups never thought to change them. Cheap looking bridge? ,most certainly but it dont affect anything.

Here's mine:

IMAG1107.jpg

I had a spare hipshot bridge, so I put it on.. I had a spare Dimarzio P-pickup so I put it on. I had some black coated strings so I put them on. Did it make any difference? ya a little but not to justify dropping another 200 in parts if I actually had to buy the stuff beyond the cost of the bass.

IMAG1109.jpg

• Members

Looks like a good bridge to me. Diff better then those cheap thin bent metal stock fender bridges. Looks to be a better bridge then the gotoh 201 also. Which is a nice upgrade for fenders and inexpenisve to (genrally around $38 thru internet stores)..

Archived