Ugh... gig spammed?

chunky-b

• Members

So I really enjoy playing bass, but I have limited opportunities to do so... So I take what I can get.

So Saturday we are playing a community picnic gig (guestimated 400 people)... Just got the gig list via email... Go head and laugh at me now and get it over with! :facepalm:

Set List:

Sweet Home Alabama

Drift Away

Brown Eyed Girl

Bright Lights

Honey Bee

Take It Easy

Don't You Wanna Stay

Jesus Take the Wheel

I Told You So

All Your Life

• Members

No-one who actually gigs is gonna look down on that list - but I did notice you forgot to put "Mustang Sally" and "Brick House" on it
;)
. Oh, and even the local "old folks" station is playing "Call Me Maybe" these days LOL .

Oh yes they will!!! That's why I said to just go ahead and get it out of the way... :)

• Members

So I get to the gig late, hoping they have everything setup... Drummer / sound system owner still doesn't know how to put his own system together and I have to show him where the monitors plug in... Piano player / fill in acoustic player didn't bring direct boxes and wants to run 40 foot instrument cables to the board... He was a professional sound engineer in California, remember. (See my bloggish rant on quitting the band) So we get set up and I say "screw it. Rock out. Have fun. Get through." Rain held off just long enough. We cut a lot of the cover tunes that were rough and played more of the rockin' church stuff we knew. Finished off with "Drift Away" "Jesus take the wheel" "Bright Lights" etc... NO SWEET HOME ALABAMA!!!

Taken from the homeowner associations FB page:

Thanks to all of you! Fun time. My grand children had a wonderful time and so did I. The band was remarkable. Thanks again!

Enjoyed the shindig! Good Food, Good Music and great weather......THANKS!

Mission accomplished...

Archived