Back to the beginning

gonzobassman

• Members

My first proffesional quality bass was a 76 Fender Precision.Maple body,maple fingerboard,black pickguard,and if I had known then what I know now,I would still have that bass.Of course it is long gone(traded in Holleywood California in 81 for a 68 Ric),but I think the next bass I buy will be one of these just like my first one.Probably be real hard to find,and cost several times more than the original purchase price ($350 in 1977),but I think I'm going to end it where I started it,and that will most likely be the last bass I buy.

• Members

Yea,yea!!! Good ole georgie has about every bass I ever had,or wanted!!! Lol Maybe someday,if he decides to sell it he will give me a shot at buying it.

Hahaha!!! - yeah, I am an unapologetic gear whore... I recently picked up a Genz-Benz Streamliner 600 and an SLM era SVT-410HLF... Still diggin' the Sterling 5 HS, too - I like it alot better than the BFR SR5 HH I traded for it...

Last night was my 3rd saturday in a row without a gig - man, am I bored!!! My band purposely doesn't book the 2nd half of august or Labor Day, since it's dead time around here... I'm looking forward to getting "back in the saddle" next week - then, we're booked into next year...

- georgestrings

• Members

Why not order a brand new P bass?

:phil:

I got an American Special P Bass and it is a pleasure to play. It's my favorite for the time being. There was one problem, I had to replace the nut. It was cut kind of deep for the D string. That was disappointing, but it really is a nice instrument. Sounds great and plays great.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348453[/ATTACH]

• Members

I think those Maple/Maple/Black P basses look pretty cool these days. I remember in the mid 70's when at the local store your choice was either those or a Sunburst P. A few years later I saw a red P bass I nearly flipped. Anyway I had a Maple (or some kind of natural color) one and wish I'd kept it too. And the red one, and, and......

Anyway, Happy Hunting.

Archived