Decent Amp on a budget to go with Ashdown 4x10 600w Cab?

Davey90

• Members

Ok, so about two weeks ago I bought an Ashdown MiBass 220 head after trying it. Nice little amp, and has a red light that flashes whenever the output is too high and is clipping. Apparently it's normal for it to flash occasionally.

http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?section=mb&ID=263

Then a week later I bought an Ashdown ABM 410H (600w, 8 Ohms) cabinet. Was jamming with some other musos the other night, had the amp turned up a fair bit, about 60 - 70% of the way up, and was still a little quiet and the light was going off a lot. I'll probably play with the amp some more to make sure I can't get more power from it, But I'm thinking it would be better just to get a more powerful amp, probably something 400 - 600w to get more power from my Cab.

Any suggestions for something decent around the $400-$700 (AUS) mark? I've heard good things about the Marshall MB450H 450W Hybrid amp and it's a good price at $599, though I have heard it only runs at 300w if you have one Cab, and runs at 450w only when using 2 cabs.

• Members

I'm mainly looking online at the moment, cheaper and more range, but not much luck with GK RB800 unfortunately. Can't find any shuttle 2.0 heads either, but have found some well-priced shuttle 6.2 heads. Do you know if they're still good ones?

Archived