Amp choice help

browndog021

• Members

I am planning on playing in a classic rock cover/original band in small to medium venues ( bars and banquet halls). I am thinking about buying a gk 700rb II and an 8 ohm neo 212 mbe. Do you guys think this will be enough to play in these situations with the option for a second 8 ohm 212 mbe added later if needed or should I go with the 1001 rb II with the same options for cabs. The GK site doesn't list what the 1001 pumps out at 8 ohms. Thanks.

• Members

I am planning on playing in a classic rock cover/original band in small to medium venues ( bars and banquet halls). I am thinking about buying a gk 700rb II and an 8 ohm neo 212 mbe. Do you guys think this will be enough to play in these situations with the option for a second 8 ohm 212 mbe added later if needed or should I go with the 1001 rb II with the same options for cabs. The GK site doesn't list what the 1001 pumps out at 8 ohms. Thanks.

That's plenty for the gigs you're playing. 450 watts and two 12's is more than enough.

• Members

700RB-II, 4X10, & 1X15. Great rig, just never get the Master above 10 o clock cause it's too loud.

Really? I'm at 12 o'clock on all volumes with this rig.(Admittedly I am only using one box),and really all tone is at 12 o'clock,or really close to it.I don't push the other controls past maybe 9 o'clock.

• Members

Looks like maybe I should experiment with the contour,and presence controls.Mine are at the 9 o'clock position,but my Stingrays are so bright that I really don't need a lot of anything but volume from my amp.I'm not running much on the boost control either,but the volume,and woofer are at 12 o'clock.Still,I must admit again that I do love this little rig!!!

• Members

I've had one or more 700rb-IIs for quite a few years now - IMO, they're one of the best bass amps ever made... I've gigged mine with a really loud 2 guitar band, and never lacked for volume - never went above noon on Boost and Woofer Volume settings, either... I've gigged mine with a 215, 610, or 810, and it just slays - my other amps are a Mesa M-pulse 600 and Genz, and the 700rb-II holds it's own against them... You can kinda see my settings here:

G-K700rb-II.jpg

Archived