A Really Good 15 inch Bass Speaker.

Shine-ei

• Members

Assuming you're talking about replacing the speaker in your existing cabinet: To get a really great sound out of a bass cab you have to do the math to figure out what frequency response a replacement speaker will give you with the internal volume and porting of the cab. It can't just be a really good speaker. It has to be a speaker with specs that match the design of the enclosure.

• Moderators

Shine-ei wrote:

I have a 1 x 15 traynor bass cab, with an 8 ohm, 80 watt yba-1 mark II head. Looking for something that can really handle and throw out the lows. punchy and huge. 

Any thoughts or suggestions? 

Punchy usually relates to midrange, not lows, so I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for. Can you mention a bass player or recording that has a sound similar to what you'd like?

Do you have a price range? Are you looking for strictly new, used, or either one? Can you get us the cabinet dimensions? Internal dimensions are preferable, but we can work with external. Does the cabinet have a port? If so, we'll need the dimensions of the port as well.

• Members

I just got the thing and haven't really had much time with it. It's a larger 1x15, not a cube, close to the same size as a 4x10, heavy as hell, closed back. I think it's a YS-15??? 

As for bass sounds, I'm not really using it in a traditional way, I just need lows. I want to feel it in my chest (I know this may not be doable given the wattage, 90watts) The speaker in it now seems to have a rattle (dust cap?) and flubs out, sound like its going to explode at like 3. This amp is loud as all hell thoug. 

Hopfully this helps, I'll maybe post some pics when I get home. 

Thanks everyone for the replies. 

Archived