Thinking of picking up a Peavey T-40 Bass.. Thoughts, Reviews, Experiences??

Maniac-3733

• Members

Hello.

I have recently switched over from playing Rhythm Guitar to Bass.

I have been a metalhead for many, many years-- I recently have been working with a Classic Rock/High-Energy Modern Blues/Rock band.

Originally, I planned to only be with them for a short time since they had a regular and busy gig schedule.

Well-- 2 years later, and here I am.........  Long story short, We all leave our gig equipment at the rehersal space. The bass player didn't show up for 3 straight practices-- and his bass gear was there.

I had never played Bass Before-- and honestly I just strapped it on as a goof.-- It wasnt half bad!

I played with a pick, since guitar was what I was used to, but it felt right.

Since then, we lost the Bass Player-- and now i have been voted up to take over.

The new rhythm guitarist/vocalist is working out great, and it looks like ill be on Bass duties..

I have a cheap Washburn Bass from the mid- 80s. And I am "SansAmping" DI to the PA mixer.

I have a small Wedge monitor, but its full band-- and it is difficult to hear myself sometimes.

MY QUESTION IS-- I found a Peavey T40 in a local music store for $350. Natural Finish.

The guy says its from 1980. Hes asking $500-- and it is in PRISTINE MINT contition..

Its a little heavey, but really well balanced... Sounds excellent, and feels great in my hand.

Whats your thoughts on the Peavey T40?

• Members

whats a good Bass Guitar amp to keep up with a PV1500 power amp for PA mixer (not cranked, btw)

Guitar players with tube amps (50w Fender blues deluxe, i think-- not sure about the other one)

I have been shopping around, and I am taking a liking to the Orange Terror Bass head.

I thik its 500 watts, and you can get a small cabinet with a weird isobaric 2x12 setup, with a 1x12 footprint.

Are Orange Amps as good as they used to be, back iin the 70s?

Archived