charvel bass

explorer

• Members

i found a charvel bass from the 80's made in usa for 350 euro ,i think the model heavy metal or santimas im not sure.it has jackson active pickups.I played with it and it was great!!!

I ve heard that its better than the new ones or the jackson bass japan.what do you think?its exactly like this:

CharvelFWBassBlk.jpg

• Members

I used to have a Charvel Model 4B neck-through made in the mid to late 80's. Great bass, wish I'd never sold it. Charvel basses were production line versions of the Jackson basses made in Japan. Some people think the Charvel basses were better than their Jackson counterparts, because of the quality control and automated technology used in production line assembly.

I think they are definitely better that the re-issue Jackson line today. I'd say buy it.

• Members

thanks for the reply:)

i am guitarist but i decided to take a bass.i was thinking about something cheap like an ltd b-50 that cost 300 eyro(here in greece) but i think that is 1000 times better for 350 eyro.sorry about my english:rolleyes:

• Members

Great basses, even today. I see one every once and awhile in used shops around here. The overall design definitely gives them a dated look, but they are solid instruments and excellent values on the used market.

• 7 years later...

Archived