What amp are you using?

Bucky Dude

• Members

I got tired of carrying around large things, so I broke it into smaller pieces. Although the new TINY high power bass heads have me totally beat for convenience.

4U SKB rack case - BBE BMax Preamp, dbx 166 compressor, Crown PLX1602. Two Avatar SB112 cabinets. It's rare to need both cabs for any gigs I play these days.

For tiny acoustic gigs I take a little 15w Trace Elliot guitar amp with an Eminence speaker in it, it's perfect to play with flattop guitars and fiddle. I kind of enjoy messing with the people who think I should buy an upright bass. :smileytongue:

• Moderators

At last night's gig, I used a Sunn Model T from the mid to late 70's, into two Sunn Concert PA cabinets from themid to late 60's. The cabinets are loaded with JBL D130 drivers. They also have horns, but I've disconnected those as well as the crossovers and am running the D130's full range.

At Friday's gig, I played through a Sunn Sentura II (60's guitar head) into a Sunn 410H cabinet (90's bass cabinet).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am using 2 ampeg svt 4 pro"s,ampeg 8x10,ampeg 2x15,sonic max,effect proc,tuner,power cond..depends on mood for basses..i have over 35 basses..spector,jackson,charvel,kramer and schecter..yes my back hurts..but..its rock n roll,well worth it for the 2 hours on stage

Archived