Taking bass forums too personally?!

L-1329

• Members

You know, I have to make an observation. When you read through these music forums, some members seem to take a personal identity in whichever one is there favorite. An example is I was just looking over ebassist. There were threads on there about how they like to post threads on HCBF just to start flame wars and arguements, and 2 pages of replies from their members of how comfy and cozy ebassist is. That is about on par with a grade school maturity level. Who cares what we each think about an internet forum? If you don't like a thread, post or member don't read it. It's that simple. If a forum is that important to someone they have some other issues to address. I read over talkbass, HCBF and ebassist in my efforts to learn more about bass, hear from other bass players and such. A forum helps out tremendously and is entertaining. I have received some good advice from several members here on recording today as an example. For those who think it's their 'forum' against others, get a life. If they feel better only participating on one specific forum then do so, and don't worry about the ones left behind. There is a wealth of information here from many different walks of life to learn from, even if we all don't agree on the politics. To those who have a problem with this just leave to your favorite forum and be done with it. Don't sit back with nothing better or constructive to do than to try to stir s*** up on an internet forum. No one needs to waste their time with that kind of idiocy. Sorry for the rant...

• Members

+1

people who act like like 5-year olds on the forum, and yet demand they be treated like a mature individual need to get over themselves. seriously.

i don't post over at ebassist, not because i have anything against it, but it always felt like "mini HCBF" and i'm already at the real HCBF. i kind of like it when the traffic is fairly high too. in fact, if i had my way, the traffic on this forum would be closer to, although not exactly like the traffic on the FX or Amp forum.

• Members

I don't know, I've never been able to take a forum seriously. I get lots of good advice and talk to some real cool people, but most of the time it's just goofing off and having fun. I also like forums because they give me a chance to spout extremist views without someone taking a swing at me.:)

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by bassment zombie

considering this discussion took place 8 months ago, I think it's safe to say that folks have 'relaxed' on this one.
:p

I don't know what you're talking about.

:o

• Members

Originally posted by tenyearsgone

I've found that ebassist and HCBF are VERY cliquey, don't talk about bass that much and most of it's members worry about silly things like post count while talkbass forums actually talk about bass.

It's been tested and proved (no, for real) that HCBF will answer any bass related question just as quick and often quicker than TalkBass.

Of course, people in here don't have that classy b4ss l33t touch. They certainly don't care about it, either.

That's exactly why there are so many forums, because there are so many people looking for so many styles.

• Members

Originally posted by Jazz Ad

It's been tested and proved (no, for real) that HCBF will answer any bass related question just as quick and often quicker than TalkBass.

That is true, I have to admit, sometimes you have to wait for days on the other forums. It's amazing how quickly a thread here gets derailed and the subject changed to something totally irrelevent from the thread question or subject, though. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by tenyearsgone

Hey beam, how do you get those smilies from ebassist to work over here?

http://ebassist.com/vb3/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=0&forumid=4

if you are using IE:

Right click on the image, go to Properties

highlight and save the link location.

if you are using Firefox:

Right click, Copy Image Location.

Then just come over here and put it in between the image tags

• Members

Originally posted by Jazz Ad

Of course, people in here don't have that classy b4ss l33t touch. They certainly don't care about it, either.

We must be the blue collar forum. :D

Archived