[metathread] $1.52 boy

boy#152

• Members

T-40 is TOO heavy for my back. weighs like 900 lbs:mad:

I ain't the great Jack Bruce. New or used, but I dont wanna dump alot mulla into fixing a beater. Like it to be quiet, and for use as in altrock & classic stuff. Ain't think Music Man, okay?:mad:

please help. also, a case too if you know a deal, emma peel.:)

I am currently usin' a pals jap mosrite clone that is ok, but elctronics are...startin' to bug me. scratchy like a kitty in heat.

alan g said you all wuld help me. I hope he weren't lieing to me again:mad:

okay, $225 tops:mad:

RBTV unmaskeded ( with violent return promised:mad: )

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by zachoff

The Peavey Millennium 4s are good. Stay away from the 5s though.

THIS ONE?

Peavey Millennium 4

Summary

Features 10 (2 responses)

Sound 10 (2 responses)

Action, Fit, & Finish 9.5 (2 responses)

Reliability/Durability 9.5 (2 responses)

Customer Support 10 (2 responses)

Overall Rating 10 (2 responses)

Additional Info Search Web

Submit a review for this product!

Advertisement

Price Paid: US $575

Purchased from: N/A

Features: 10

1 j pickup

1 musicman style humbucker

a whole lot of knobs that i havent figured out yet (ive only had the bass a day)

18 volt electronics

35 inch scale

maple neck and fingerboard (unfinished)

similar neck profile to a jazz bass, very fast

nice sunburst finish

tight neck joint

Sound: 10

wow... the 1st time i picked this up i thought it was really good... the more i play it the more i find the sounds that i want... origionally i would sit and play a little and think, ok this is great but what about that other sound i want... the more i play it, the more i find what i want... this is amazingly versitile... ive owned probably 30 basses, some of the most notable being: spector ns2000/4 neck thru, spector rebop, g&l sb-1, g&l sb-2, g&l l2000, gibson ripper, gibson g3, jackson jpb-8 and a bunch of others that i cant think of right now... the point is that all of these basses were of good or better quality and none of them had the versitility of this bass... especially the g&l l2000, people say you can pull any sound out of those but i wasnt nearly as impressed with the l2000 as i am with this bass... if you need a different sound, this nails it every time... i can attribute this to the 6 different control knobs that let you have an infinate variety of settings... what a pleasure to play... a lot of the basses that ive had havent really motivated me to play but this one is so rewarding since i can dial in any tone i want that i can barely put it down

Action, Fit, & Finish: 10

i got this used off ebay but the action was set nice... everything is well put together and the neck joint is nice and tight... you can tell this bass was made in america in a factory with excellent quality control

Reliability/Durability: 10

the guy i bought it from gigged with it for over a year so i would have to say that this thing will take a beating... the finish is very robust

Customer Support: N/A

i havent dealt with peavey yet... i wish i could find the manual for this bass on their website but its not there since they no longer make this bass... what a shame, maybe ill give them a call

Overall Rating: 10

getting this bass was a great decision... it motivates me to play because of its fantastic sound, comfortable thin neck, great balance, and awesome versitility... im going to be looking for a millenium 5 pretty soon... i cant say enough good things about this bass... i almost forgot, its pretty damn light and easy on the back... the hits just keep on coming... ive been jonesing for a peavey g-bass but now im wondering what the point would be, since the g-bass doesnt have the same electronics or the same versitility... from what i hear the top of the line peavey cirrus doesnt have the same preamp either, which is shocking because a lot of people have told me it cant get as many usable sound as these millenniums can... if this had the graphite neck from the g-bass it would be perfect, i think thats the only thing i would change... you simply cant match this bass for the same price... it easily beats out some other basses that ive played that were far more expensive too... its wonderful

it has that long bowed horn right? what and WHY is that there? anyone know. The RBTV doesn t wanna have some people laughin' at his gear, just his playin':mad:

is that supoosed to be "style"? (seriously):confused:

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

ESP LTD B50 $199

Squier MB4 $179

Yamaha RBX170 $169

Ibanez GSR200 $209

Try first.

I cant 'try first' craigv:(

I have to go by what people say. I got no access, ok?:mad:

:(

I have found alot of basses 'slide' on my body. I dont know iffen you all know what i mean by that. but when i play my pal's 'mosrite' clone, it is not so comfy on my body. I have to bend my back alot and the bass teeters...anyone else have this happen?

I cant sit all day long:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by Rain Dog

There are more than short scales on the Rondo link, check it again.

If it were me, I'd get this one with case and somewhere down the road plunk a new set of pup's in it.

Or this->

dang, looks real nice that one. no horn.

is it 'tappered' like a strat? I like that about strats, but I hate the sound of a strat guitar.

can I ask what might just 'decent' pu's installed might cost. I knowed that's kinda..difficult to say. I know about guitar guitars, okay. I aint a total {censored} up:mad:

• Members

do any of you think those 'pu covers' are useful. I have thins problem when I use my pals bass where I pluck the string and it hits the pu and makes a ugly noise.

I HAVE RUINEDED MANY BASS TYPE SOLOS SO PURE CAUSE OF THIS!!!!:mad:

will those help, or are they just 'idiot' gear?

RBTV askin' nice like:)

• Members

Originally posted by boy#152

is it 'tappered' like a strat? I like that about strats, but I hate the sound of a strat guitar.

can I ask what might just 'decent' pu's installed might cost. I knowed that's kinda..difficult to say. I know about guitar guitars, okay. I aint a total {censored} up:mad:

strats are almost annoyingly bright due to single coils and body wood. I assume you like a nice mahogony style, humbucker (Les Paul) guitar. But, in a bass, you may prefer the brighter setup for better articulation/response. I'd go with the Essex Jazz for versatility/upgadeablilty.

• Members

Originally posted by boy#152

Elderly Instruments has a good selection of pickups and great service. Unfortunately all their pickups are in one long list so you have to page through a lot of guitar pups to find the bass pickups. I (meaning ME) am very impressed with the Seymour Duncan Antiquity series pickups but they are a bit spendy and I doubt anyone in the audience would be able to tell the difference between those and the stock Seymour Duncan pups. YMMV

Here's a good review of J pickups. I haven't found something similar for P's. If someone knows of one I'd love to get that link.

http://archive.bassplayer.com/z1999/9903/pickups.shtml

• Members

I think the poor man, entry lebel SX precision is THE way to go. Everything else tends to $300 or more, and then there is always more, more more (I dont like it).

$100...sounds as good as one of them ambelix goobers through my 20 watt ss Crate.:D

SX=super xtra cool.

sure.

I AM the RBTV ( still:mad: )

post no more after this note, or it WILL annoy me. Thanks eberyone. You low enders are 0kiedonkey...go on now-->back to your trogism and low end Rage bassed Dudetteism.

Chow.:)

• Members

The Rondo link and The guitar works link are good bets. Also I think the Chinese made Squire Affinity Line are great for the money. I played a friend's Jazz and the build, fit and finish blew me away. I thought it was as well made as the MIM Fenders and better than the more expensive Standard Squires made in Indonesia. They are well under $200 at Guitar Trader or Musicians Friend etc.

Archived