Spanish/Tagalic Translation?

burdizzos

• Members

How do I type" Please do not touch these cables." in Spanish and Tagalic?

Or any other languages for that matter.

I have some clowns in my workplace who seem to think they know what they are doing and I need to make it clear that they need not touch some specific wire bundles.

Thanks

• Members

It'll probably get the message across, but those translation engines are always kind of funny

(Hint : this gets done in some human translation too, esp negotiation, contracts, etc ... translate from Lingo A -> Lingo B -> Lingo A for verification. It avoids embarassing things)

here's what worldlingo did for

"please do not touch the cables" in

Eng -> Korean -> Eng

"It does not touch the cable to dry"

---

It's HOW things get siad too, that's why a lot of good L10N firms hire only native speakers of target languages

Even with straighforward stuff that translates well, there are little nuances

I remember once a Finnish (Suomi) xlator corrected for me "Please Insert Disk" as "Insert Disk" --

She explained, culturally "It's an imperative command, not a request. If you don't insert the disk, you can't go on...there is no please about it - no 'favor' in it"

• Members

Originally posted by burdizzos

How do I type" Please do not touch these cables." in Spanish and Tagalic?

Or any other languages for that matter.

I have some clowns in my workplace who seem to think they know what they are doing and I need to make it clear that they need not touch some specific wire bundles.

Thanks

Are you sure it's not "tagalog"?

That's the phillippine official language.

I dated a philippine girl for 6 years. Some of the prettiest women on the planet.

gruven's translation looks correct.

• 3 years later...

Archived