New HC platform coming...

misterhinkydink

• Members

This forum software is pretty lousy, I must admit.  They're trying to find every type of forum software visually worse than vBulletin and succeeding, it seems.

Looks like post count got chopped as well.  Who knows what else is wrong with this new forum software.

• Moderators

Hello, Ebassers. I see the other forum is down. Step right up and feel free to post here for the time being. I don't even have any idea if I'm still a mod or not. LOL.

This is a BIG improvement over the previous Jive rollout. This software seems to work.

• Members

I liked the last format, hated jive.

I don't like this one at all, it seems a real step back.

And really odd not having a multi quote function. and also the not having the ability to view were you last where in a thread that has new posts really sucks

• Members

misterhinkydink wrote:

It's improving. :thumb:

What changed?!?!?

PS - I hate having to click two buttons to quote a post!  One to reply and then another to get the quote of who I am replying too...  more fail.  I wonder if the people who made this software ever used a forum before?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

misterhinkydink wrote:

The people who created this must be selling a companion spamming product out the back door. It's seems far too easy to get an account and post generic messages.

That's what happens when you try to reinvent the wheel.  Once the forum software market is settled out to 2 or 3 main players, why pay tons of money to reinvent the wheel?  And it ends up being a octogon shaped wheel that barely rolls and has numerous flaws and "oops, we didn't expect that!" 

Archived