anyone know anything about this exotic MIJ bass?

mynameis

• Members

Hi - I have an Emperador Electric Bass - sunburst body, tortes shell pick guard, rosewood fingerboard, mother of pearl block inlays, two single coil pickups (its like a fender jazz copy) -

no serial number on it - just "made in Japan" on the neck plate & "Emperador Electric Bass" on the headstock a-la- a 1960's fender.

I have no idea how old this thing is - I bought it aprox 15 years ago (mid 1990's) second hand for around $195 (the price included a spanking new set of $50 strings - btw, I'm in Australia here) -

It was my first bass (bought it cause it was the cheapest thing I could find at the time) and while other basses have come & gone, I've hung onto this Emperador. It's nice to play & has never let me down... done a little recording with it, and loads of playing with it too - it's a nice bass!

anyone know how old this would be?

Thanks

• Members

ok, here are some pics of the beast in question;

IMG_9802.jpg

IMG_9804.jpg

IMG_9809.jpg

IMG_9812.jpg

As I said, I bought it in the mid 90's, and at the time it looked like it was brand new - no fret wear or anything (no so anymore)

... any ideas on a date? and the neck plat on the back of the bass just says "Made in Japan" - didn't come out too well in the photo - there's no serial or anything else, and the back of the headstock is blank. as far as I know its all original - there are holes on the body for a pick up/bridge cover, but it didn't have it when I bought it - the only thing I've done over the years is change strings as normal.

Thanks

• 3 years later...
  • Members

stedankel wrote:

I was just hoping to find out if the original poster found anything. No point starting a new thread right?

the OP hasn't been on HC in over 3 years.  unlikely you'll find out anything from them.

:robotfrustrated:

Archived