How to set up new rig

vladius13

• Members

I play in a shock rock band where I want to use lots of crazy tones for effects

right now I do a dual setup where I run my bass into an a/b/y/ box and one out to a swr 750 head with 2 swr 410 cabs running the built in overdrive for a mild distortion effect, and the other through a  hartke 1000 with a hartke 810 that runs a straight bass tone.

I want to try something new to be able to get some crazier sound options, im looking at either a line 6 x3 pro or hd pro and use that as my effect. those have a dual output so i can run one output with a wet signal and output two with a dry signal. essentially i think eliminate one of the heads or both if i use a power amp instead of bass head.

i was thinking about maybe going from the line 6 effects into a straight power amp then into the bass cabs, and if i can't use the bass cabs, i have plenty of pa speakers.

i want to be able to run one side with different effects for different songs, but have the other side run a straight bass tone for a fuller effect.

So question 1, is there anything wrong with setting up this way that im missing.

Two if i can do this, what power amp would you use

i have own these already and would like an opinion on what would be the best to use

peavey cs-800

peavey m-2600

alesis ra-100

crown xls402

crown com tech 210

behringer ep2500

behringer ep4000 (3 of these)

qsc rmx 1450

a/b power international 9620.

speakers i own

bass cabs

2- swr goliath 410

hartke 1000w 810

peavey 210

peavey 15

pa speakers

b52 lx 15

jbl tr225

thanks

• Members

It all depends on whether the Line6 has the correct output level to plug straight into a power amp. A lot of effects processors and preamps don't, even if the product description claims they do.

Keeping a dry signal is pretty much key to maintaining your low end when you start using heavy effects, though, so good going there.

I do not envy your load in/out. But then again, I'm old and lazy.

Archived