X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choosing a good bass amp/head - to replace A100

hi guys, in my studio, I'm happy with my guitar amps. but i'm still using a Hartke A100 for bass, which does not sound that good, perhaps too much low end, not enough top. I wonder if Line6 LD400 ($500) would be an improvement ?

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"></font></div>

Find one and go play it.  

The Smarm has left the building...

Comment

• frunobulax
      frunobulax commented
      Editing a comment

anything will be an improvement over the Hartke.

will you be using it for rehearsing a band, or as a DI for recording?

Thanks! Both rehearsal and di for recording. Seems like here- only the line6s and hartke are priced equivalent to u.s. prices. Peaveys are 30% overpriced

Comment

• ThudMaker
      ThudMaker commented
      Editing a comment

zzzxtreme wrote:
      Thanks! Both rehearsal and di for recording. Seems like here- only the line6s and hartke are priced equivalent to u.s. prices. Peaveys are 30% overpriced

I'd rather get an amp that sounds great than worry about matching US pricing. That has to do with the cost of distribution.

Thud, hoping though, because i believe i can. Like yamahas here, staff gets 35% discount, the mark up is ridiculous.

Comment

• Assumer
      Assumer commented
      Editing a comment

I would do a GK 700RBII.  Killer amp for very little money.  You can find them for 560 new or less used.  Been using mine with 2 aguilar 1x12s and love the sound.

I have played on the LD400 it's a very nice combo! For a little bit more money you could probably get an Ashdown MAG series. A little bit pricier but worth it.

Played with a Ashdown MAG C 2x10 300 watt very nice sounds, gives you a good boom and really easy to set up. Line6 combos can be a bit of a ball ache to set up due to it's Line6 and they like being awkward but if you can't afford the Ashdown I'd say the Line6 is a good back up plan.

Cheers.

Comment

• Lee Knight
      Lee Knight commented
      Editing a comment

Ashdown MAG line. Or find a used Ampeg B100 or even a Traynor for vibe. But for new and cheap? Ashdown MAG.

Working...
X