Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Alnico bass speakers!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alnico bass speakers!

Check out these Alnico bass speakers that Weber Speakers is thinking about producing:

http://taweber.powweb.com/weber/aba10.htm

For those unfamiliar with Alnico, it is a kind of magnet used to make speakers and pickups. Most modern bass speakers are made from ceramic, which can sound lifeless and stale, and when pushed hard go from clean to unpleasant harsh distortion very quickly.

With Alnico, the speaker gradually distorts in a warm and pleasant way as you turn up the amp's volume. They are much more pleasant to the ear.

If you want these speakers to be produced, please go to the bottom of this Weber Speaker suggestion page and request the speakers with the link above:

LINK REMOVED AGAIN.

To be fair to this forum, perhaps we should start a poll to see how many forumites think we can count on you to post up when that poll is over..png" alt=":smileytongue:" title="Smiley Tongue" />

Welcome to HCBF...I think.

HCBF Mesa Brigade Member #2

Comment

• chunky-b
      chunky-b commented
      Editing a comment

I vote the newb has some connection to the links provided and it is spam...

What say the rest of you?   .png" alt=":smileysurprised:" title="Smiley Surprised" />

Not trying to be an ass or anything but how do we know that these speaker exibit all these wonderful properties claimed if there are no other Alnico Bass speakers on the market?

Well, I'm not sure how much I can respect any man who takes Lug seriously - King Kashue
    Sucking like that is a gift. You couldn't recognize the genius of Suck if it sat on your face and farted. -S400
    You don't fix Lug's posts. Lug's posts fix you. - MrJoshua
    You can be my HCBF boyfriend forever. - Sugarskull
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=LUG

Comment

• ThudMaker
      ThudMaker commented
      Editing a comment

We don't, but on the guitard side of things, Weber is considered really, really good stuff.

• isaac42
      isaac42 commented
      Editing a comment

lug wrote:

Not trying to be an ass or anything but how do we know that these speaker exibit all these wonderful properties claimed if there are no other Alnico Bass speakers on the market?

Because AlNiCo is teh majick. It's teh toobz of the transducer world.

Ok, the second link works now if you want to click on it and request Weber makes alnico bass speakers.

Comment

• ThudMaker
      ThudMaker commented
      Editing a comment

mountain2012 wrote:

Ok, the second link works now if you want to click on it and request Weber makes alnico bass speakers.

I've removed this link again. This isn't a poll. Do not edit your first post again to add another link to this "request."

Working...
X