Peavey TVX series.... thoughts?

davidM

• Members

So the time has come to shed my 8x10's, the band I was playing in broke up, and the van and trailer are being sold of, so its time to size down my rig.

I was at a local music shop last night and they had a Peavey TVX 4x10/1x15 stack and they offered to sell it for much less then sticker cost.

My question is, how is this puppy going to size up against an ampeg 810?

I'm in a new band now that's aiming for more of a late 90's hardcore sound, i.e. converge/botch/hope conspiracy etc. at the end of the day the 8x10 needs to go because moving it around with my hatchback just isn't an option, but should I snag up a good deal or hold off until I can find an Ampeg 4x10hlf?

• Members

definitely give it a try.. i own a 410txf (ancestor of the tvx) and it serves me well

I own the same cab. You will be surprised at the amount of bottom these beasts have. Unfortunately, it probably weights like 99/100ths of your 8X10. :D

• Members

I own the same cab. You will be surprised at the amount of bottom these beasts have. Unfortunately, it probably weights like 99/100ths of your 8X10.
:D

damn! i'll look like Mr. Burns by age 45

excellent... **drums fingers together**

• Members

WHAT?!?! Jeff recommending a Peavey over a Carvin?!?!?
:eek:

:D

I like the new Peavey stuff a lot too. Price to performance ratio is real close to Carvin, except you don't have to order it direct.

Carvin ain't sittin still though, the new BX500 hybrid head (500w @ 4 or 2 ohms) is selling for 399.00 brand new.

The BRX NEO cabs (Carvin's best) are also on sale, a monster 410 NEO cab (4 ohms) for 549.00.

Killer half-stack right there, make your guitar players cry.

Love,

Fanboi

• Members

They are crazy heavy but you can do a lot better weight to volume ratio these days.

Save your money and call Low down sound up :) I believe Don is currently building a sealed 6x10 with neo drivers that comes in a lot lighter than an SVT (around 75lbs).

• Members

I'll admit it - after how my 15/6 has performed I am a total fanboi. For twice the price of this cabinet there's nothing on the market that can touch it.
:)

i don't fault you, their stuff looks really good, i was at a local music shop and got offered a sweet deal, and a possible solution to my problem. but right now money is more of an issue then weight. also if my brain serves me correctly (and it bats around 50/50) it had casters.

my guitarist is a good friend and has never hesitated to lend a hand moving gear, and visa versa.

Archived