No announcement yet.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Conversation Detail Module
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise

I recently purchased a rack set up to add to my Hartke vx3500 4x10 combo. My rack set up (in order top to bottom) is: Furman power conditioner, AKG WMSPRO with guitar bug, Behringer BTU2000 rack tuner to the passive amp input. I've noticed that I'm getting a somewhat high pitch almost radio interference type noise when I strike a note. I believe it's something with the tuner because Ive been using the akg for a while with no issues. Any ideas?  

I've had issues with tuners making noise. See if the tuner is a bypass when switched "off" and only use it when you tune up.

My Korg is in the signal path, but I only switch it on when I'm tuning. It's nice not to have the tuner display going berserk the entire show as well.
    "HC is dead, long live HC!!!..."

• Perfessor
      Perfessor commented
      Editing a comment

If the high pitched noise is still there,  you might want to add some rfi/emi chokes on the cables. These do work.

• bass_player_pete
      bass_player_pete commented
      Editing a comment

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated! Luckily it is a true bypass so solderjunkie your solution will work for me for now.

you don't have your cell phone in your pocket while you are playing do you?  I have to put mine away when I strap my bass on.  My wireless picks up some kind of interference.

Basses -
    MTD KZ-5
    MTD Artist 5
    Ibanez SRT-800DX
    Spector NS-2 (korean)
    Peavey G bass

Rig -
    Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 atop two Phil Jones Bass 4b 4X5 cabs