Active Loudspeakers

T. Alan Smith

• Members

I'll also admit that the new line of QSC active loudspeakers sound great. The Karoke guy at CHAMPPS upgraded his PA with them and the overall sound of the music and singers improved dramatically. Not cheap but a little less than the Mackeys.

• Members

Yeah, I was thinking of something along those lines, but they couldn't be too noisy for a cafe type environment. Thanks.
:)

I've noticed that the G2's make a lot more noise than the first gens and the subs seem to make more noise than any. Perhaps a 110 first gen would do the job?

• Members

I should add- I'm interested in the models with the built in mini mixers, so I can just plug something like my drum machine straight in.

As for co$t, I'd prefer to keep it under $700. I'd be cool to be able to add a 2nd and eventually, a sub...for a full PA someday.

Thanks for the ideas, folks. I'm checking 'em out.

• Moderators

RCF 322-A would do the trick, but it's a bit out of your range. I hear really good things about the 310-A, which is in your range. That said, I can't speak to the 310 from personal experience. I have a pair of db Technologies Opera Live 210s that are quite nice, but there's no way a kick going through them is going to work. They also don;t have the mixer input. The Mackie SRM350 does, but I've relegated them to stage monitoring duty. I'm not sure they would be a good choice, either. You might try looking at something like the Yamaha StagePas 300/500 might be worth a look, too.

The Peavey Impulse 1012P or 1015P is definitely worth a listen (not the cheap Peavey actives). I heard the 1012P's with recorded music in an outdoor setting and thought the bass response was pretty decent.

• Members

The Peavey Impulse 1012P or 1015P is definitely worth a listen (not the cheap Peavey actives). I heard the 1012P's with recorded music in an outdoor setting and thought the bass response was pretty decent.

+1

I know a guy who has a pair of 1012Ps that he's looking to unload for less than your price point. ;)

• Members

I think you should buy a mixer along with the active loudspeakers. Like a PA package type of deal. This allows for more flexibilty and expandibilty. You'll never have to replace anything, just keep adding more speakers.

Lots of package deals save you money plus they toss in cables and mics.

• Members

Meyer CQ1.

http://www.meyersound.com/products/concertseries/cq-1/

:poke:

Maybe a tick outside your price range....
:D

The best I've heard recently that are affordable by mortals are the QSC ones.

The HPR 152 sounds like it might meet your requirements.

http://www.qscaudio.com/products/speakers/hpr/hpr152i.htm

BFM can build you Meyer-quality cabs for 1/1000th of the price!! Where's the love!?!? :poke:

Archived