Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What strings do you use on your jazz bass?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What strings do you use on your jazz bass?

Hi Guys

Just woundering what brand name strings do you use? I use rotosound swing bass 45-105

Thank you

Jeff

on my P i use D'Addario half wounds and have been very happy.

i think on my Lull j i have Blue Steels right now.

You added another useless post...who could ask for more? - BMAL
    I actually just realised what a dumb thread this is - bassaussie
    What a stupid thread. - bassaussie
    Tall Girl was everything a HCBF thread should be. - ivanthetrble
    Take care of yourself...and each other. - jerry springer

you have brave ballz of cast iron to fight the trog forces of haTE. - boy#152

and after you're finished, you say-
    Ooh, what a lovely teaparty

Comment

Rotosound 77 flatwounds

Comment

• isaac42
        isaac42 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had a Jazz, back about 40 years ago. No idea what strings I had on it.

D'addario EXL165. I think I have EXPs on it right now, which are the coated version, due to a screwup ordering a set for my TRB. Either way, they've lasted the longest of any nickel string I've tried, though they've pretty much lost all their high-end bite and need a change. The only strings that have been on one of my basses longer is a set of Dean Markley Blue Steels I have on my BB404 J-clone, and that's primarily because it's the neglected stepchild of my collection. It's a wonderful player and I loan it out when a new bassist in my praise team needs an axe to learn on, but I hardly play it myself anymore compared to my TRB or Fender MIM Jazz.

Yamaha BB404Fender Mexi Jazz, customizedYamaha TRB-1005Fender Highway-1 Strat, customizedEpiphone Les Paul, Worn BrownTakamine Jasmine acousticTaylor 114ce acoustic/electricPeavey 210TX+ext 2x2x10 comboFender Bassman 150 1x12h comboWhen shopping for an axe, you will probably find yourself negotiating with your checkbook. This is normal, but do refrain from talking to it out loud.

Comment

• jam1964
        jam1964 commented
        Editing a comment

Hay liko

Can you show a pic of your Fender mim jazz I have one as well I love it I put seymour ducan quarter pounders

in it has a costum pick guard I use roto sound strings  but I want to try a different brand

Fodera
      Something very witty t/b/d.

Sukop single cutaway 5-string - semi-hollow - active Bart soapbars
      Sukop "J" shape 5-string - passive Bart P/J's
      Sukop double cutaway 5-string - active Bart soapbars
      Mesa M-9
      Mesa Powerhouse 2X12, 4X10
      Mesa Walkabout Scout 1X12
      MXR M-80 Direct+
      Korg DTR 2000 Tuner
      Epicenter Audio Valveboy

Comment

• sunburstbasser
        sunburstbasser commented
        Editing a comment

Dean Markley Helical nickels.  Tried them on a whim and loved them.

Working...
    X