How do I play like al cisneros????

Alexilaiho

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Here, let me help you:

First, get a tube amp. It needs to be an Orange, Green or Matamp. If you cannot afford this, just get a crappy Squier practice amp out of one of those combo packs and spray paint it orange. Or green. You can also write "Mat" on the front of it with a sharpie if you have to. whatever.You're not going to sound like Al for a long time, so this will do for now. Do what you gotta do.

Second, you're gonna need a Rickenbacker bass.Play it only with your fingers and a whole lot of emotion. If you can't afford one, just get a cheap copy off tradetang or alibaba. A whole bunch of Ric nerds will hate you for this, but f them. They ain't walking in your shoes across the sands of the Weedian deserts, now are they? Do what you must, my brother.

Third, you should procure yourself a metric assload of herb. Like, Mexican cartel-level amounts of the stickiest of the icky.Smoke all of it while listening to Mahavishnu Orchestra records on repeat. This is probably the most important step of all. If you are worried about the law, move to Colorado or washington and stick it to the man. Just be sure to pay your taxes. Also get a wah pedal while you're there.

Fourth, if you want to play like Jerusalem-era Al: read the entire Bible cover to cover.

If you want to play like Om-era Al: read the Tibetan book of the dead cover to cover. This step is sort of important. If you don't want to make spiritual music, but just play some heavy riffs, you can skim through both. Go ahead.

Fifth, practice. Practice some more. Do it again.

Sixth, try to be awesome to everyone. This is important.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Solid_State wrote:

Here, let me help you:

First, get a tube amp. It needs to be an Orange, Green or Matamp. If you cannot afford this, just get a crappy Squier practice amp out of one of those combo packs and spray paint it orange. Or green. You can also write "Mat" on the front of it with a sharpie if you have to. whatever.You're not going to sound like Al for a long time, so this will do for now. Do what you gotta do.

Second, you're gonna need a Rickenbacker bass.Play it only with your fingers and a whole lot of emotion. If you can't afford one, just get a cheap copy off tradetang or alibaba. A whole bunch of Ric nerds will hate you for this, but f them. They ain't walking in your shoes across the sands of the Weedian deserts, now are they? Do what you must, my brother.

Third, you should procure yourself a metric assload of herb. Like, Mexican cartel-level amounts of the stickiest of the icky.Smoke all of it while listening to Mahavishnu Orchestra records on repeat. This is probably the most important step of all. If you are worried about the law, move to Colorado or washington and stick it to the man. Just be sure to pay your taxes. Also get a wah pedal while you're there.

Fourth, if you want to play like Jerusalem-era Al: read the entire Bible cover to cover.

If you want to play like Om-era Al: read the Tibetan book of the dead cover to cover. This step is sort of important. If you don't want to make spiritual music, but just play some heavy riffs, you can skim through both. Go ahead.

Fifth, practice. Practice some more. Do it again.

Sixth, try to be awesome to everyone. This is important.

it has been a long time since HCBF has seen a post as AWESOME as this one.

hope rekindled!

Archived