Gigging: Somber & Brooding or Fun & Bouncy?

flemtone

• Members

So which are you?  Shoe-gazer?  Deep and mysterious?  Angry and edgy?  Groove-machine?  Smiling and inclusive?  Do you jump around the stage or become part of the backline?

Bassists seem to run the gamut, depending on the act.  Do you change your on-stage persona to match the 'attitude' of the band?

(hey, it may be a milquetoast question, but at least it's a new thread, right?)

• Moderators

Historically, I'm usually the most active guy on stage, providing most of the visual show. What form that takes can be all of the above, but tends toward happy and bouncy. When I'm down, feeling somber and brooding, it brings down the whole band.

• Members

isaac42 wrote:

Historically, I'm usually the most active guy on stage, providing most of the visual show. What form that takes can be all of the above, but tends toward happy and bouncy. When I'm down, feeling somber and brooding, it brings down the whole band.

yep, I'm the same way. 

lug wrote:

Somber and Bouncy.  I'm hoppin'...but not all that happy about it.
:mad::D

Nobody's happy when you're hopping....except when you're hopping mad.

That's pretty much all the time, right?   :smiley-angry048:

*BLEEP* wrote:

Homicidal.  When I have to play bass, I also double as stage security, controlling stage rushers and whatnot.  

We don't get stage rushers.  The direction of travel at our gigs is usually in the opposite direction.

:smiley-eatdrink048:

Archived