Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigging: Somber & Brooding or Fun & Bouncy?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigging: Somber & Brooding or Fun & Bouncy?

So which are you?  Shoe-gazer?  Deep and mysterious?  Angry and edgy?  Groove-machine?  Smiling and inclusive?  Do you jump around the stage or become part of the backline?

Bassists seem to run the gamut, depending on the act.  Do you change your on-stage persona to match the 'attitude' of the band?

(hey, it may be a milquetoast question, but at least it's a new thread, right?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Somber and Bouncy.  I'm hoppin'...but not all that happy about it.

Well, I'm not sure how much I can respect any man who takes Lug seriously - King Kashue
    Sucking like that is a gift. You couldn't recognize the genius of Suck if it sat on your face and farted. -S400
    You don't fix Lug's posts. Lug's posts fix you. - MrJoshua
    You can be my HCBF boyfriend forever. - Sugarskull

Comment

• *BLEEP*
      *BLEEP* commented
      Editing a comment

Homicidal.  When I have to play bass, I also double as stage security, controlling stage rushers and whatnot.  

Historically, I'm usually the most active guy on stage, providing most of the visual show. What form that takes can be all of the above, but tends toward happy and bouncy. When I'm down, feeling somber and brooding, it brings down the whole band.
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

Comment

• flemtone
      flemtone commented
      Editing a comment

isaac42 wrote:
      Historically, I'm usually the most active guy on stage, providing most of the visual show. What form that takes can be all of the above, but tends toward happy and bouncy. When I'm down, feeling somber and brooding, it brings down the whole band.

yep, I'm the same way. 

lug wrote:

Somber and Bouncy.  I'm hoppin'...but not all that happy about it.

Nobody's happy when you're hopping....except when you're hopping mad.

That's pretty much all the time, right?   :smiley-angry048:

*BLEEP* wrote:

Homicidal.  When I have to play bass, I also double as stage security, controlling stage rushers and whatnot.  

We don't get stage rushers.  The direction of travel at our gigs is usually in the opposite direction.

:smiley-eatdrink048:

Working...
X