Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRYING to get back into it

been trying to get back into playing but really finding it hard since I can NOT find others to jam with. I will admit Im not really that great anymore since I kind of seriously put it down a while ago and now just pick it up when I have time but I miss it severly.

Anyone here play drums and bass possibly want to do some online jamming? I have been putting up some ads in my area but really the scene in CT is pretty lame. Kind of always has been.

Not really looking for anything professional as again I SUCK for the most part now. 

Hi Nick

Just keep at it its like rideing a bike it will all come back to you I quite playing for over a year big mistake but

I was determined to get back into if time is an issuse practice on your technique and scales it will make you a better player youtube has alot of cool stuff to check out just hang in there and try to get in 20 mins or more a day in  it will all come back to you

Take Care

Jeff

Comment

Ive been trying to get back in too. just gotta keep at it!

Comment

Maybe I'm old, but I don't see how people can jam online.
        "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
        -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
        -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
        -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
        -- Theodore White

Comment

• Marko
          Marko commented
          Editing a comment

Put together a music room/space, put a cheap drum kit in it, and you won

Originally posted by isaac42 View Post
        Maybe I'm old, but I don't see how people can jam online.
        Skype, hangouts, dropbox, email etc

Its more collaborating online than Jamming.
        I use my Nexus Tablet (android) and a few music apps for recording and making drum loops.

Comment

Collaborating, sure. No problem with that. Not the same as jamming.
          "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
          -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
          -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
          -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
          -- Theodore White

Comment

Working...
          X