Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'm going to start playing my Hagstroms.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm going to start playing my Hagstroms.

One of my bands is planning a Summer of Love retrospective for New Year's Eve. The only basses I have that are fifty years old are the Hags. Besides, we might play Spanish Castle Magic, so I have to use the Hag 8-string, right?
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

Seems reasonable. Is it the model with a volume knob and a bunch of switches?
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Member of the Schecter Society
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
      Seems reasonable. Is it the model with a volume knob and a bunch of switches?
      Yup. Looks like this.

"The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
      -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
      -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
      -- Theodore White

Comment

The other one is strung with only 4 strings, and looks like this.

-- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

I got out the burst this morning and checked it out. Switches were dirty, so I cleaned them. Then did some setup work. Reduced the relief a bit, adjusted the intonation, lowered the action. With the 30" scale, it's almost like playing a guitar. Should be a fun change of pace.
          -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

Played the burst at rehearsal today. Plays nicely, and sounds pretty good, too. Pretty low output, but that's what volume controls are for, innit?
            -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

Working...
            X