Ampeg Scrambler Bass Overdrive...

Phil O'Keefe

As I promised in a previous thread about the Ampeg Classic Preamp, my review of the Ampeg Scrambler Bass Overdrive is now up. You can check it out right here.

As always, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here. :wave:

PS Now that you've had a chance to hear what I think about them, I've sent the pedals off to Isaac42 so he can try them out. Stay tuned - he'll be starting a separate thread with his own reviews of them right here in the HC Bass forum in the not too distant future... :snax::cool2:

• 4 weeks later...
I actually had an original Scrambler. Lost it due to a sad story. I thought it was great but I was only 15 or 16 at the time. It definitely didn't sound like anything else in the world at the time.

It still does IMO. :) There's nothing quite like the sound of the original Scrambler. They're worth a small fortune today...

How'd you lose it Lug?

• Members

It still does IMO. :) There's nothing quite like the sound of the original Scrambler. They're worth a small fortune today...

How'd you lose it Lug?

​Had it at a friend's house. He committed suicide and the family moved away. They probably just threw it out.

Archived