Can you ID this bass?

badpenguin

• Members

Hey all,

Saw a post on the local CL, very similar to the one Deepend showed in SL. "Buy this Peavey bass, get a second bass free!" The price.... $120. Ok, I have owned Peavey basses in the past, and swore of off them like cheap tequila. Yeah, they work. Yeah, they get the job done, but you always wake up going, "WTF am I doing with this?" He said that the free bass needed a set up,. and that the volume pot was shot. So I offered the guy $40 for the "free" bass, and hot dang, he went for it!

Neck thru, EMG pickup, (Which is why the volume pot was "shot". the battery was dead!) Brass bridge, Gotoh tuners, and a nice 24 fret board. The truss rod nut was stripped, which was a JOY to remove and replace, and the electronics looked to have been done by a monkey. The weird thing about it, which is why I kinda question it being a homemade instrument, is the body's curve. VERY reminiscent of either the Ibanez Ergodyne, or early Spector basses. Which is cool, it fits my expanding gut. (Don't get old children!)

Anyone seen anything like this before?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31957410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31957411[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31957412[/ATTACH]

Edited by badpenguin