Recomendations on a practice amp for a 5-string

Hooligan

• Members

Suggestions are needed for a practice amp for the house! I'm looking for something that can handle the lower end on a 5-string, but doesn't have to play loud. Maybe a combo with a 10" (or 8" even) driver that can gracefully unload at the bottom without totally sounding like a wet fart. Thanks in advance - I've been out of the game for a decade and need to buy some gear! Maybe in the $150-$280 range. Thanks again!

• Members
Suggestions are needed for a practice amp for the house! I'm looking for something that can handle the lower end on a 5-string' date=' but doesn't have to play loud. Maybe a combo with a 10" (or 8" even) driver that can gracefully unload at the bottom without totally sounding like a wet fart. Thanks in advance - I've been out of the game for a decade and need to buy some gear![b'] Maybe in the $150-$280 range[/b]. Thanks again!

Damn that's a low budget, buit if you could pare another 100 bucks, you might love this and end up gigging with it too.

New they are like 6 bills.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/In-Store-Used/Used-PHIL-JONES-BASS-CUB-BG100-Bass-Combo-Amp-112979377.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2LjGBRDYm9jj5JSxiJcBEiQAwKWACy23nx45 vjU2lWPFIjbNvuQ7NALEe4gNh2lFCYHZykMaAvl98P8HAQ&kwid=productads-adid^66736785762-device^c-plaid^172971156042-sku^112979377@ADL4GC-adType^PLA

[video=youtube;mFfeCs3ehes]

mark bass micro

[video=youtube;_kwmug-OYdk]

Eden EC10 50W 1x10 Solid State Bass Combo Amp

[video=youtube;T46_ft_D71U]

TC Electronic BG250-112 250W

[video=youtube;4iqBvQFX9v0]

Hope this helps a bit.

• Members

Definitely used in your price range. Check local pawn shops, CraigsList, Guitar Center, etc. Older Peavey gear is cheap but usually heavy. Small speaker+5-string isn't really going to work well unless it's a very good amp and your budget won't cover "a very good amp." Look for a used 2X10 or maybe 1X15.

• 1 month later...

Archived