No announcement yet.

Trace Elliott Commando 12 issues

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trace Elliott Commando 12 issues

Have any of you guys ever ran across a Trace Elliott Commando with a buzz/hum you can't track down?

I can't help you. I've never played through a Trace.
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

Comment

No. You might consider taking it to a good amp tech, if you have one available locally. It may not be worth the money though.
      HCBF Mesa Brigade Member #2

Comment

My buddy had a small combo trace that had a folded horn cab. That sucker was loud as hell for its size and super clean sounding.

Because yours is a bass combo, and because bass can rattle the fillings out of teeth in a small enclosed combo, the first thing as a tech I'd look for is cracked solder joints and loose connectors. I'd start with the input jack. They are plastic PC mount jacks which can wind up having cracked solder joints either by yanking on the cord or just the vibrations from the speaker. Its likely a ground connection to the jack so I'd pull the board out and go around wiggling components and see if the traces move, then re-solder anything that looks suspicious.

Comment

This happens with multiple instruments, in multiple locations using multiple cords?
          Dillybar 13 july 2008.
          "I do not expect you to lift one of your lazy fingers to find the proof that I am right."

Comment

Working...
          X